SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

SOTD: 05/09/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Green, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Soap: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Aftershave
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Travel shave on holiday with the Rockwell and Trumpers cream. Face lathered for a change. Excellent shave all round, smooth and trouble free.

3BD43D5D-4D83-4608-930D-FEE585EDD1F2.jpeg

Tech set #27 still with the Wizamet blade.

Monday's differences

I used one of the 3 Proraso boars, this is the 'middle one' and unlike the issues that my mates have with, or as the middle of 3, this one gives me no problems at all!

P&B Right Handed Giant, great takes on Brut. Then a bit of Brut splashed all over.

Good start to the week

Attachments

• IMG_20220905_085652__01.jpg
    IMG_20220905_085652__01.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 9
05/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 36 (3).JPG
A very nice shave today, everything performing as it should.
Feeling good and smelling like a 70'S student party - in a good way;).
Thank you everyone from this over 60 but not the hill for all your kind words and birthday wishes, a grand day was had by all.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

04/09/22
60th Birthday shave
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 92890View attachment 92891
A break from my SE razors as there can be "only one" razor i could use today on my 60th, my birth-year Slim.
Fitted with a vintage blade and one of my favourite soaps lathered with a brush that is older than me.
A 3 pass shave finished with a really nice post shave routine ending with a splash of one of my favourite aftershaves setting me up for a birthday lunch with my close family and friends.
Happy Birthday also to Shubs @donnie_arko.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Happy Belated Birthday Tony.
i was traveling home yesterday so just seen this today.
Hope you had a great day & a great week.
All the very best ot you

Hello Tony,

Like yourself I'm reaching a landmark age, for my 40th birthday today. Happy birthday to you and I hope you have a very nice 60th birthday today and enjoy your lunch with your family.

Btw, the scent profile for Coria is one of my favourite ones for any shaving soap. The rose and geranium (lavender too) combine together beautifully for a very invigorating scent when the lather's on the face, it's quite delightful.
Happy Belated Birthday
Hope you had a cracker, all the best

5 September

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Blackland Signature
Above the Tie SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

7933B69E-C3EF-495B-B93A-A47421DE992A.jpeg
A very pleasant shave this morning (I know) with the SE1. I think that I’m getting to grips with the consequences of any pressure with this razor. Brilliant lather from the Eboracum, and I just love that peppermint!

Ps belated happy birthday @donnie_arko sorry completely missed that one mate

Monday AM 2022-09-05
Jack Kerouac's 'On the Road' was published on this date in 1957
yPlrl2G.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Faux Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Brooks Brothers aftershave
4JpIGEQ.jpg

Monday 5th September

AL9nZEWnylbWbmoj4P01D80r78q-DkHIjTU_slRMvRVF1T9NnSxUzlHqZgbK0YU1nR324nJMzwRAE_RyV16JzN5OAyhawsgWhC7MRuJ70EbLWRBqB_oYkEQl9MaFWrny_e6uKpb2pHE7oMRfiXeGgQmo8AX--g=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Wilkinson Sword Hydro Advanced & Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Skin Protection Advanced Cartridge
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

My setup for the week ...

Putting a few things away in the loft over the weekend, I had a rootle about in the "probably no longer required" soaps box and happened upon a barely used L'Occitane Cade UFO bowl! Why I've not used this much before, I don't know ... I love tarry woody oils like cade. As a soap, it's lovely! I think it goes back to when I was a bit of an ingredients purist and put this somewhat commercial offering aside. I'm certainly going to enjoy a week of this soap.

Continuing to enjoy the Pitralon Classic aftershave, too, which is right up my street! So much so, I think I'll get one in for stock ... something I only do for absolutely favourites, like Puig Quorum (aftershave and EDT), Jovan Musk and two bottles of GFT Eucris still in reserve. I like it a lot!

Straight-up 10/10 shave, that ... despite the effluent gloop strip, which I know will take more then the life of the cartridge to fully die off. I plan a week with the gloop strip in place and the simply remove it for next week and beyond.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom