SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

RDvVo0ih.png

Need a little Cheshire & Munegu to ring in the New year. It's a good thing Barrister & Mann & Nishane have me covered.

Wishing everyone a safe & more importantly fun NYE!

Soap Meissner Morrocan, Astra blade and Mùhle Rocca razor.

A pre shave face lather with a very thin lather with the Meissner then a proper lather with this lively soap.

At last, I seem to be getting somewhere with this razor after using it for the past week.. I think I'd been thinking about the angle too much and it suddenly felt right today. No nicks or cuts, just a smooth close shave.

No need for alum or balm.

Sunday...

Soap - Valobra Menthol
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Gem Flat Head Top
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Fine Platinum

Nice no fuss final shave of 2017. The Valobra Menthol is a great non-tallow soap and leaves a lovely post-shave feel; enhanced by the menthol in the Platinum.

The Gem gave a smooth close shave. I know that some claim it to be ‘mild' but getting the angle right (which is easy with this one) renders it smooth and efficient. 3 passes and no buffing necessary.

All the best for the bells and beyond, everyone.

Stephen
56C65879-4B62-4390-B408-87404B8CCD37.jpeg

SOTD: 31st December 2017.
+10 Sun(31st Dec)+.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: APShaveCo ~ Cashmere synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Blue's Goat Milk.

Blade: Gillette W.S. Saloon Pack. (2)

Razor: Manlystuff~ The Knight MN 202.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S.

Greetings,

New year's eve shave.

It's amazing how quick the year has gone for me,in that time though i've had some sublime shaves from my traditional wet shaving passion, of which i will carry on into 2018.

A wonderful end of the year shave set up which resulted in a very enjoyable new year's eve 3 pass + pick ups DFS.

Finishing the last shave of 2017 in style with a very generous splash of Brut ~ Attraction Totale. A/S...superb stuff.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

To all of TSR members best wishes for 2018.

Stay safe,warm and enjoy the New year's eve festivities, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash
Wickhams 1912 Classic 24
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip (face lather)
Merkur 37C
Astra SP (3)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Fine Platinum Aftershave
Aloe Vera Gel

A great last shave of the year. I have committed myself to a ‘No Purchases' policy for 2018. So I may spend the rest of the day ‘browsing' certain shaving suppliers sites. Enjoy your Sunday chaps.

~ 31st December New Years Eve Shave ~

Pre - Shower / L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Face Wash / Hot Towel
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Vintage Jewel Super Stainless (Made in England)
Brush - Simpson Commodore X3 Best Badger
Soap - Haslinger Calendula
Post - L'Oreal Men Expert All in 1 Post Shave + Face Care Moisturising Cream
EDT - Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico
20171231_123312.jpg

Wishing You All a Happy New Year :)

Last edited:
NYE;

F160_DEC3-_FD65-44_FB-_BF5_A-_CD72456_ABEDC.jpg

Variant - #4.5
Voskhod - #2
YaQi 2-band fan
Frankincense & Myrrh

Cracking shave this morning. Water was ice-cold straight from the tap and this fantastic brush gave me a phenomenal lather! So soft, so capable. Couple that with the sweet and resinous Stirling and you're onto a winner!

Happy new year folks, let's hope it will outshine 2017!

20171231_105610-jpg.22645

Yesterday's shave as I didn't have time to post it as I was "out-out". ;)

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Charcoal face wash and Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica bath soap
Razor: ATT S2
Razor blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
EDP: Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extrême

First shave for five days!:oops:
Wasn't sure what razor to use but decied upon the S2. Paired with the Polsilver blade it removed the stubble with ease. Super smooth and super efficient. I do ask myself why I feel the need to look for another razor. :rolleyes:

First time with MDC Fougère. The scent is one of the most complex I've come across. I'm not going to even try to attempt to describe the scent.
It changed/developed a number of times throughout the shave. Really like the scent and one I look forward to getting to know further.
Performance was very good but I should have loaded my brush for longer. I did (just) have enough for the shave though. Post shave feel was very good and added with a liberal splash of Pitralon.

One of the very best shaves of the year. :D

So we've come to the end of another year....
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who takes the time and effort to post in SOTD section. I find it the most interesting (and expensive:rolleyes::p) sections on the forum. The photos and write-ups are always a pleasure to read. :notworthy:

I'd like to wish you all a happy and healthy 2018.

I'll leave you with my top two tracks from my favourite albums of 2017. I could have picked any track off either album. Hopefully me posting these videos haven't annoyed anyone too much.:oops:

Happy New Year Gents.
Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom