SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

EDP: Gres Cabochard
@Norfolkdick do you realised that's belong to women perfume section, which is not for men unless you're becoming Mrs. Doubtfire :p:D

giphy.gif

Greetings

Yes I do and I purchased it knowing it was, just as I did with many of the other fragrances in my collection.

Regards
Dick.
Excellent! Gendered fragrances are purely for marketing. Winston Churchill and Eva Peron wore Floris Special No. 127; and Charlie Chaplin wore Mitsuko by Guerlain. I love them both. Oh, and L'Heure Bleu. Jicky was worn by Sean Connery and Roger Moore (and is currently by @Blademonkey).

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Wickham's Irish Fern
Razor: Streamline/Sabre
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180101_105019.jpg

I thought I'd start my year using my favourite razor in my possession.
I'd planned on using the Blackland Sabre handle, but it didn't feel right.
Several handles later I felt Ever-Ready had it right all along but curiosity got the better of me and I went back to the Sabre handle and it worked surprisingly well.
All the other ingredients contributed to a close, clean, one and a half pass shave.
Good luck for the new year!

Excellent! Gendered fragrances are purely for marketing. Winston Churchill and Eva Peron wore Floris Special No. 127; and Charlie Chaplin wore Mitsuko by Guerlain. I love them both. Oh, and L'Heure Bleu. Jicky was worn by Sean Connery and Roger Moore (and is currently by @Blademonkey).
I couldn't aggree more, it's just pure marketing and nothing more.......if you like it wear it :) P.

New Year's Day...

Prep - Proraso M&E
Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - Semogue 1520
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC SS
Blade - Proline P
Post - Alum and Thayer's Rose Petal & Aloe Vera
After shave - BBA Balm

I never thought I'd write this in the context of a straight razor; but a quick 3 passes did the job this morning. One tiny weeper, due to a spot/plook/zit. Aside from that, all's good.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Stephen
152023D1-4C3D-4F6C-A41C-9C9136033491.jpeg

dPKhSrNQ_o.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Schick Krona
Schick Platinum Plus (13)
Proraso Green
Alum Block, Proraso Green Balm & Aftershave

Happy New Year to all!!!

A hard shave to decide today but feeling a little blocked up I went for some menthol, it is Monday as well so start the year off with Menthol Monday!!! A nice mild shave with the Krona, this blade still has some life in it, the smoothness during use may be declining but post shave smooth as always. I'll keep pushing it until it is tugging. Proraso always surprises me with how goodit lathers, superb inexpensive soap.

image.jpg New Years Day 2018

Prep ~ Shower, Lush "Snowcake" soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre, Level Two
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated
Soap ~ Klar Kabinett
Brush ~ Brad Sears, Gonzo
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Minoture , Paloma Picasso

Not much to take off this morning after my late shave yesterday but enough to make it worthwhile.
The Klar Kabinett is a soap I have not used in a while and apart from having so many soaps to chose from I don't know why, a wonderful soap which will be getting more use this year.
Finnishing off with the fab Minoture edt, smooth skinned and smelling great :)

Have a great day people.........:)

Back home for a few days and straight Into a proper shave with a fresh blade.

A couple months growth so ran a clipper over first.

Prep: warm water splash
Razor: Gillette Proglide (1)
Brush: Simpson's Chubby Synthetic
Cream: TFH No 10
Oil: Executive Shaving pre

Good to be home and feeling fresh, now its time for Christmas and New year!

It's very telling it was straight for the No10, guess that proves it's my favourite. The executive oil is fantastic, I've always like oils but not the mess and this solves it.

I've a hankering for a 'traditional' barbershop scent cream; I'm thinking OSP...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom