SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: MWF
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick P-20
View attachment 29536

Well SEptember has gone out with a bang, what a fantastic sexy looking, well balanced shaving machine the Cobra is (many thanks to @Digimonkey for the loan) My phone camera does the razor no favours at all.
The Schick Proline blade, too mild for the Brass General, effortlessly swept down the stubble. I think I could shave blindfolded with this combo, okay, okay, in a badly lit room.
For some reason this song came to mind whilst shaving:
I thought you might like the Cobra Kevin. ;):D

~ Shave of the Day - 30.9.2017 ~

Pre - Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash / Hot Towel

Razor - Parker 96R

Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (2)

Brush - Semogue 610

Bowl - Korium Shaving Bowl

Soap - Wickham 1912 Club Cola

Post - Hot & Cold Water Rinse / Joop Aftershave Blam
View attachment 29542

~ Song of the Day ~
That song takes me back to 1981! Fab tune :) thanks for the time travel :)

Saturday 30th SEptember
Shower - Baylis & Harding
Wild Rose & Raspberry Leaf Body Wash
Zenith 507 TS
Rose of Bulgaria Cream
Ever Ready Natural Angle
aka - Heavy Flat Top
GEM SSC #2
Alum Wash
Selin Lemon Cologne
Baylis & Harding Wild Rose &
Raspberry Leaf Body Moisturiser
M1VEfdG.jpg

My last shave of SEptember was the second outing of the GEM blade, which is smoothing out nicely.
The rose cream is great. It has a lovely scent which lasts throughout the shave, is simple to lather and a little goes a long way. In fact I've recently ordered the rose A/S.
I'm also looking at the 'Herbs of Bulgaria' Lavender cream and A/S. If anyone has experience with the latter, I'd love to hear.

Final SEptember shave today and it was a good one.

SOTD-2_zpsuz4y6c8h.jpg

Abbate Y La Mantia Crumiro soap
Semogue 2013 Special Edition Selected Silvertip brush
Schick Type J injector razor
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary AS Balm
Osma Pre-Shave Oil

I just had to choose a SV 70th anniversary product in order to celebrate Lewis Hamilton's 70th career pole position for tomorrow's Malaysian Grand Prix.

I've really enjoyed shaving with SE's for most of this month and it has really enabled me to get to grips with using injectors, especially my Supply Provision which is fast becoming one of my favourite razors.

SOTD: 300917
SOTD 310917 4.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #1 (Snapped in Half)
Razor: Focus R48 Pass Around)
Brush: Razorock alu synth
Soap: NSS Moroccan sands
EDT: L'Occitaine Cade

My final experience with the R48 and if I am honest it couldn't have come around quicker.
I am disappointed with a number of factors regarding this razor. First and foremost the idea of snapping a DE Blade to use in her is not my idea of fun. Particularly if it was six o'clock in the morning for example. Really fiddly to load.
I had two days growth to contend with and the first pass was too mild. Second pass I used more pressure on the pivot and was rewarded with several weepers. Third pass ATG felt rough.
The razor is far too light and the angle of the blade far too steep for its design. As always, YMMV.
Despite being DFS I cannot recommend this razor to anyone. It felt like using a plastic Bic Disposable at times for me.

The rest of the components in the shave performed brilliantly but I cannot wait to have a decent shave tomorrow.

Have a lovely weekend one and all! :)

Last edited:
SOTD: 300917
View attachment 29543

Blade: Astra SP #1 (Snapped in Half)
Razor: Focus R48 Pass Around)
Brush: Razorock alu synth
Soap: NSS Moroccan sands
EDT: L'Occitaine Cade

My final experience with the R48 and if I honest it couldn't have come around quicker.
I am disappointed with a number of factors regarding this razor. First and foremost the idea of snapping a DE Blade to use in her is not my idea of fun. Particularly if it was six o'clock in the morning for example. Really fiddly to load.
I had two days growth to contend with and the first pass was too mild. Second pass I used more pressure on the pivot and was rewarded with several weepers. Third pass ATG felt rough.
The razor is far too light and the angle of the blade far too steep for its design. As always, YMMV.
Despite being DFS I cannot recommend this razor to anyone. It felt like using a plastic Bic Disposable at times for me.

The rest of the components in the shave performed brilliantly but I cannot wait to have a decent shave tomorrow.

Have a lovely weekend one and all! :)
Stunning photography as always.

German 37 / Super Max BDT. The light weight (24.7g) German 37 head comes (mis)matched with the standard 70g stainless handle which in this reporters opinion may be easy for Razorock and fine for the heavier is always better crowd but it makes no sense to me. I tried the PAA Bakelite Slant handle (which I filled with tungsten putty) but ultimately landed on the titanium Halo as the best for me. This is for me a mild razor which requires attention to angle to perform at its best. Doing so yields a great shave. I may get 200 of the Super Max blades from Connaught, very nice blades for a great price.
c7083540a523a59a21c27b566efc0ba5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom