SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

Jabonman ‘Ylang Ylang,Patchouli,Orange'
Shavemac TSR LE2015
Gibbs No.15 adjustable
Gibbs ‘Mince' #1
Fine ‘L'Orange Noir' AS

Had a hankering for Orange this morning so it was between Mikes and Jabonman, choose the Jabonman. Whipped up a great lather and proceeded to shave with a new acquisition the Gibbs adjustable which I assume is the heavier No.15, I welcome anyone to comment on which is the heavier Gibbs. I set the razor to N and started to shave my two days growth off, I soon decided to up the gap to setting 4 which hit the mark providing a good smooth shave with the NOS ‘Mince' carbon blade. Finished up the shave with a generous splash of the Fine. I am impressed with the well built small handled razor probably built at least over forty years ago, I will use the blade when blunt as a template for cutting the notches in modern blades. Everyone have a relaxing day [emoji41]

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Lea Stick
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E oil, Pinaud Clubman
IMG_20171001_003936.jpg

I feel like I've won an award shaving with this razor and blade combination.
To me it's like the Streamline (on steroids), without the learning curve. It just glides over your face with the stubble at its mercy.
Thanks must go to @Blademonkey for his posts tipping me off regarding blade choice, otherwise I think, I would've had the same uncomfortable learning curve I had with the Streamline.
Thanks also must go to, @Wayne Pritchard for providing the wonderful lather, my mum, my agent, my publicist, but most importantly Mr. @Digimonkey, stand up and take a bow Iain. :D

Jabonman ‘Ylang Ylang,Patchouli,Orange'
Shavemac TSR LE2015
Gibbs No.15 adjustable
Gibbs ‘Mince' #1
Fine ‘L'Orange Noir' AS

Had a hankering for Orange this morning so it was between Mikes and Jabonman, choose the Jabonman. Whipped up a great lather and proceeded to shave with a new acquisition the Gibbs adjustable which I assume is the heavier No.15, I welcome anyone to comment on which is the heavier Gibbs. I set the razor to N and started to shave my two days growth off, I soon decided to up the gap to setting 4 which hit the mark providing a good smooth shave with the NOS ‘Mince' carbon blade. Finished up the shave with a generous splash of the Fine. I am impressed with the well built small handled razor probably built at least over forty years ago, I will use the blade when blunt as a template for cutting the notches in modern blades. Everyone have a relaxing day [emoji41]
Fantastic razors, you can also have the No 17 that is the same weight as the 15 and apart from the number seems the same, I have two No 17s and you can get the gold coloured aluminium one which of course is a lot lighter. They shave far better with a modern blade, I have a few of the Gibbs Mince blades and found them to be ok but not fantastic unlike the razor which is fantastic in every way. I prefer mine to Gillette adjustabal razors, the Gibbs is so smooth. My two date from the 50s, sometimes there is a number under the blade bed which will give you a date of manufature . Happy shaving! :)

wDhPkn1h.png

Who doesn't love some PannaCrema for breakfast?!?

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger,
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Aussie/Scots Permasharp (2)
Splash: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Still a bit nippy here in Perth, so Bay Rum time. Lovely lather from Stirling as always. I find the Stirling Bay Rum to be on the gentle side, which I like (in a Bay Rum soap).
I am really loving my vintage Scottish Perma Sharp blades. They have a decent amount of blade feel, but you can use this to your advantage to get really close really quickly.
My favourite modern blade is the Polsilver Super Iridium - I find them super smooth and very sharp. However, I always seem to get a couple of micro-weepers, which I never feel at the time.
The Perma Sharp does not feel as smooth on the face, but boy does it mow down the stubble, and the extra feel allows you to judge the closeness very precisely - hence no weepers (for me, anyway).
Finished off with a good lashing of the Cat O' Nine Tails.

SOTD: 01/10/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Muhle R41head with Parker 24C handle
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Soap: D R Harris Windsor shaving soap
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayer's Witch Hazel Unscented, Simpsons Aftershave Balm, Collezione Iconic EDT

20171001_110933.jpg

I am smooth and smelling great. :cool:

Thanks to James @Rohleder for the D R Harris Windsor and the EDT. :)

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
P&B Spitfire.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest (face lathered).
Schick L1
Japanese Schick Twin Blade (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve.
Aloe Vera Gel.
L'Occitane Eau des Baux EDT.

A leisurely Sunday morning mimsy (or was it a plitter @Digimonkey?) which resulted in me feeling refreshed, smooth, and smelling good. Have a great Sunday gents.

SOTD: 01/10/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Muhle R41head with Parker 24C handle
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Soap: D R Harris Windsor shaving soap
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayer's Witch Hazel Unscented, Simpsons Aftershave Balm, Collezione Iconic EDT

View attachment 29564

I am smooth and smelling great. :cool:

Thanks to James @Rohleder for the D R Harris Windsor and the EDT. :)
+ 1 on the Muhle R41head with Parker 24C handle a wonderful frankenrazor...I'll have to give that one a try.;)

Back
Top Bottom