SOTD : Saturday 31st March - Friday 6th April 2018.

Greetings,
  • Eskilstuna 6/8
  • The Scotcher Shell Horse
  • Maseto Silvertip 30mm
  • Dimitri's Lavender
  • Homemade alcohol based aftershave

KbQN0A4.jpg

yseFzQz.jpg

OsHKlsT.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Taylor Witness Sheffield Full Hollow 7/8th ( Freshly Honed )
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Morning Shave with My Newly Acquired NOS Taylor Sheffield 7/8th..My Black Arkansas Surgical Stone has Put a Superbly Keen & Comfortable Edge on the Razor..I Had a Very Close Smooth & Comfortable Shave this Morning..o_O

First Shave for Around a Month..Lazy Me..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Easter Sunday - 1st April
1924 Patent Anniversary
What happened was I planned to have an Easter day / 1924 patent celebration. So I took the shave picture.
In the meanwhile the pass around of Igor happened so I've been devoting all my shave time with him.
This is the Easter/Patent shave that nearly was.
1HFPPw1.jpg

The 1924 does suit the Streamline handle. Happy Easter and happy anniversary 1924.
Thanks to @riverrun for this link.
http://www.razors.click/patents/US1488907/patent/

aVh6jHgp_o.jpeg

Simpsons Milk churn
Schick Krona
Feather (1)
Cyril R Salter Tallow
Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Nivea Balm & Caron Pour Un Homme (sample)

I was eagerly looking forward to this razor and blade combo and whilst it was a good shave, I was left with several weepers, could be the typical Feather experience where they take a shave to bed in, I will try again tomorrow and see...

The Caron is lovely, when I sprayed for a sniff test last night I wasn't fussed but it grew on me. Essentially lavender and vanilla, lasted quite well too. Certainly one for the future once things are used up.

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defense Face Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior #51
Blade: Gillette Goal (2)
Soap: Kent (MWF)
Brush: YaQi Timberwolf 24mm Synthetic

c479e27a9550e7ab62305469340361bd.jpg

My first ever shave with Kent, aka MWF, aka 'the Fat'. Aside from leaving the soap to hydrate overnight before it's first use, I did nothing different than usual. A dozen or so swirls on the puck, then continued building the lather on my face, adding water just the once. I was rewarded, for what was in context very little effort, with a fantastic lather which was both slick and cushioning. Post shave was great too.

SOTD: 010418
View attachment 34485

Razor: Eye Witness Sheffield 6/8
Brush: Shavemac "The Rowl" Custom
Soap: Declaration Grooming
EDT: The Grey Flannel

A lovely Easter Sunday relaxing shower and shave followed by a glass of champagne in a Jacuzzi.
What more could one ask for.

Enjoy your shaves! :)
You decadent so-and-so Wayne.

20180401_104314_1522608948271-2368x1775.jpg

First DE shave in quite a while. I had to be fast (ish) this morning and couldn't afford the time I take with a straight.

L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Face Wash
Maseto 30mm silvertip
Phoenix and Beau Oberon Soap
Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
A little alum, and
Proraso After shave balm

Excellent 3 passes, leaving me completely BBS. Like, totally. Not a hair in sight. Great shave.

The Chubby really is coming on nicely. Great fun to use. I just have to get used to not loading enough soap for around 6 passes.

Good to hear that you're getting on with the Chubb - B. - there's a reason they have been around so long unchanged - and are much imitated - good luck with the loading issue. They eat soap - it will just get worse - in my experience - as the knot breaks in properly. All part of the fun. Once you're down to your last stick of Arko - pm me and I'll send an aid package. Ha ha - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom