SOTD : Saturday 31st March - Friday 6th April 2018.

Sotd - Sunday afternoon - 1/4/18

Pre - shower/ Puig Agua Lavanda soap
razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline (4)
brush - Chubby 1 best
soap - Salter lavender tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - Bart's lavender lotion
scent - Caldey Island lavender.

Result - great -

Not shaved for four or five days I think - the last one didn't involve any lavender products - so by today I was proper jangling - walking on balloons - I needed just a wee touch of the real thing - just to straighten me out - I can handle it - I'm in control. You know me guys - I'm good for the money - just give me a few more days...... Ha ha ha. After a comment by @Blademonkey concerning the Salter - you're right P. - it doesn't seem to make the blindest bit of difference whether you bloom the puck or not. Works a treat for me either way. A great shave - but with ingredients of this quality I would expect nothing less. Mention made of the Caron Pour Un Homme earlier - a scent that has been recommended to me but I haven't tried yet - as being basically lavender with a vanilla base - the Caldey Island is lavender with a musk underpinning - maybe not a world apart. I really like the Caldey on me - masculine - a long way from what you might expect a lavender scent to smell like. A word of warning though - it makes kittens sneeze. Thanks @Wayne Pritchard for enabling me on the scent. Assuming he's made it out the jacuzzi to read this - enjoy your shaves one and all - best regards - I.

Last edited:
QdHOfVT.jpg

MUHLE : SEMOGUE : BARRISTER & MANN

Good to hear that you're getting on with the Chubb - B. - there's a reason they have been around so long unchanged - and are much imitated - good luck with the loading issue. They eat soap - it will just get worse - in my experience - as the knot breaks in properly. All part of the fun. Once you're down to your last stick of Arko - pm me and I'll send an aid package. Ha ha - yours - I.
Thanks Iain! Although it's not eating soap as such. It's just that I tend to overload anyway, what with my nasty water, and the Chubby is picking up huge amounts of soap. So after a 3 pass shave yesterday I was still left with a ton of lather in the brush. I'm not complaining though. I'm unlikely to run out of soap this century.

Last edited:
Sunday 1st April

RazoRock 400
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet
Rockwell 6C plate 5
Voskhod (1)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL

A satisfying shave. First use of Parma Violet soap. As others have said, it does ring bells of eating those tiny perfumed sweets.
As expected, it has all the qualities of other 1912 formula soaps. A fresh Voskhod blade in the Rockwell is a pleasure to use. This combination is a winner for me.
I have a small simple above my top lip that refuses to go away, and I've opened it during my last two shaves. Otherwise, no errors to report.

Monday 2nd April

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Albion Soap
Yaqi R1736B 2 Band Badger Brush
Feather AC SS (Japanese style) with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Bart's Lavender ASB
Antonio Puig Quorum AS and EDT

2 Passes and a touchup for a lovely smooth shave. The weather may be disappointing.....but at least I feel good:)

Enjoy what remains of the Bank Holiday Weekend!

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valobra tallow bath soap
Razor ~ Valet Auto Strop - Closed bar
Blade ~ Valet - fresh
Soap ~ Old Spice, Shulton
Brush ~ SOC Boar
Post ~ Bart's Rosemary and Sandlewood AS lotion
Scent ~ Paloma Picasso edp

Not the best of shaves but not the worst! Maybe it was a duff blade, although after Stropping it looked ok and felt ok to the touch. I will work on the blade some more and have another go tomorrow.
Anyway, DFS without nicks is good enough and it was good to use this razor after a spell away from it.
Finnished off with a good spray or two of the wonderful Paloma Picasso, so smelling good at the very least! :)

Enjoy the last day of the bank holliday weekend. P.

Morning shave.

Olive Oil Soap
Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather
Thater 4125/2
Gillette Super Adjustable Black Beauty
Astra SP
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Myrsol Blue Aftershave
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT

Goodness me. We have sunshine! Not for long though according to the BBC. But never mind. All is well after a cracking shave. Have a good day gents.

Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Lea Classic
Razor: ER 1912
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180402_105527.jpg
A very nice shave comprising of some of my favourite hardware and software.
I just wish someone would tell the weather it's meant to be Spring.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Mon 2nd April

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Stirling Baker Street
Hawk SE V1
Feather Pro [ 6 ]
Tuff Green A/S

After recent Shaves this Razor/Blade combo is quite aggressive especially during initial whisker eradication phase, then calmed don a bit. Though not a totally close finish some areas not satisfactory, on the whole quite pleased to have used the Razor without mishap.

IMG_0044.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom