SOTD : Saturday 31th August to Friday 6th September

View attachment 47005

Razor ~ Gillette Tech
Blade ~ Personna Med Prep
Soap ~ C R Salter ~ Lavender
Brush ~ Semogue AF 2016 LE Badger
Post ~ Thayers Original Astringent
Frag ~ Penhaligons Sartorial EdT

A wonderfully smooth shave from the English flat bottom tech paired with a Med Prep, the perfect Sunday shave :)

Have a great day folks....P.

A fine pairing, Paul. Salter's tallow is great stuff too.

Sunday evening

Vitos Super Red
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Gillette New (Red/Black)
Personna Med Prep
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

A fantastic shave tonight. The New really is an excellent razor; as are the Med Prep blades. I hadn't used the Vitos in a while; and it really is lovely stuff. Post-shave feel is excellent; enhanced by the Proraso splash.

Hope the forthcoming week is good for everyone.

3204D907-6257-4BC3-8EA9-66A549A510A0.jpeg

SOTD
Sunday 1st September 2019

Pre-shave - Hot shower / Sharp Dressed Man Bath soap
Brush - Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap - Sharp Dressed Man soap
Razor / Blade - Claymore / Schick Proline (2)
Post-shave - Simple Soothing Face Toner / Sharp Dressed Man aftershave / Sharp Dressed Man balm

9FF46952-C1FB-4B8A-8712-700F7D36DF85.jpeg

The Sharp Dressed Man scent is really growing on me. It was a very close shave this evening with my face feeling something akin to dooking for chips when the aftershave was applied!

A lovely BBS finish though.

Ready for the week ahead. Have a great night folks!

Sotd-1-9-19.jpg

Sotd - Sunday the 1st of September

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (18)
brush - Simpsons P8 Phyl - best
soap - Ach Brito - Lavanda cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - De Vergulde Hand
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Result - another nice shave off the rank.

Saponification duties complete - a relaxing Sunday afternoon shave - everything it ought to have been - and nothing it shouldn't. Nice. Have a good week - enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

And as an end to this working weekend my themed shave was 'Goose necked'

IMG_20190828_194213.jpg

Mother Goose - Mongoose Alu
Goosey goosey gander - Kai Captain
Goose bumps - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Saucy goose - Exro Barocco
Like shit through a goose - Zegna Acqua Di bergamotto

I have been doing quite a bit of goosing lately, but not to be smutty I am referring to Shaving with the Mongoose aluminium. It has sat in the cupboard like a bygone relic (in a similar ilk to myself except I am a bygone relic) for too long and in a cry of neglect shouted 'use me, use me you hapless old git'. And so I did.

I remember the reason it sat there was it delivered too many stealth nicks and cloak and dagger cuts. Something I have noticed with a number of aluminium heads. May be it is the lack of weight I am accustomed to and I need to adjust. My wife thinks I need to adjust in more respects than just shaving. Oh hum.

Not to be deterred a return to the goose was on the books and after a number of shaves to reacquaint myself I am actually quite impressed by what it can achieve which is damn fine close shaves. In my case I find a touch of pre shave oil goes a long way to making the experience worthwhile and minus all the secret attempts to draw blood. In fact bloody brilliant. Not quite the General, or the OB but I am glad I never had second thoughts about this one and passed it on. All this and a lovely handle to boot. With a Kai Captain onboard (no pun intended) a very class act.

All I can say about the Cadman is that I must be the happiest of bunnies that there is another one on the way from the BST. Despite the fact it has the previous owners initials on the bottom. Instead of going to the extent and cost of having it re-initialised (?) I am going to change my name by Deed Poll to 'Miles Peter Henderson' being as it only cost £9.99.

Extro? My new OSP and with more letters to its name. Bigger is better.

And as a final touch a spray of Ermenegildo Zegna Acqua Di Bergamotto because it has an extortionate number of letters in its name.......and it does smell bloody wonderful even if its longevity is even shorter than it takes to type its full description.

So a great and very smooth shave this evening and feeling smoother than a Turkish Delight. I did smell divine but that has long gone and replaced by coffee and a sweaty working life.

Have a great week ahead and may your scents last longer than the bathroom door

And why not?

Sunday's Shave

Preshave: Heno de Pravia
Soap: Saponificio Varesino – Dolomiti
Razor: Blackland Dart
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic 24mm Fan
Blade: Rapira – Swedish Steel
Splash: Star Noir
Balm: Barts Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: CopyCat Executive

Back Home and a lovely late shave as going for fares well drinks with the neighbours , the Rapira Swedish Steel really shines in the Paradigm but I don't think it is the ideal blade for the Dart. It delivered a nice shave with no irritation but just wasn't as comfortable it the Dart as something like the Lab Blue, Nacet or Voskhod.

fullsizeoutput_f.jpeg

Rainy and lazy Sunday for sure but I figured I should get rid of the ever increasing fuzzy face. Today's choice the venerable Gillette Slim but with a twist. This is a 1964 Slim that was given the Delta Echo treatment in this case the Cubano edition. This piece of functional art came from @Dave in KY.

Soap today the equally awesome Club CBL from Chris at CBL soaps. THE perfect companion to Pinaud Clubman. In fact if you love Clubman you will be instantly familiar with the scent of this soap because it is Clubman! Never mind the scent for a minute the soap is a lather monster period as are all CBL soaps. Happy 1st Anniversary Chris!!!

Beautiful three pass BBS shave! Slapped on some Clubman and off to Sushi with my bride! Rainy yes but so much better after this shave! Have a lovely Sept 1st!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Adjustable - Delta Echo Slim 1964
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Simpson 59
Lather: CBL Club CBL
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum BlockEA071232-A8C5-4230-B1CC-0FCF29D7ECD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom