SOTD : Saturday 31th August to Friday 6th September

Mom 2nd Sept.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2Band
L`Occitane Cade soap
Occams V2 /No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 3 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Yesterday with the Occams and using L`Occitane Cade cream rather than my usual soap, the overall finish was a bit patchy. Today I used the Cade soap, I found the Shave more enjoyable and had no problems getting an ultra close all round finish. Creams may be easy to lather, but I am pretty sure that for me I get better Shaves when using a soap.

IMG_0604.jpg

Date:- 02 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Cafe Au Lait
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'C' / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

NesXite.jpg

FATHER'S DAY SHAVE

Prep: Velvet soap, Geo. F Trumper Coral Skin Food
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Razor:Gillette Aristocrat #22
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (1)
Scent: Geo. F Trumper Eucris EdT

A tribute to my Father.

Heritage shave this morning - and benefitting from TSR folks

Signature soap / chubby2

Razor - Gillette New fat handle (Grandads) - nice and shiny after ultrasonic clean- thanks Ferrum

Blade - Gillette silver blue - not liked this blade previously but seems to work in the old Gillette. Feels stiff but gave a really close shave with no issues at all.

Post - witch-hazel blend - thanks to SpeedyPC

Then some Guinot balm courtesy of a beautician friend.

Lovely - have a great week everyone

2/9/19

Soap - Intesa Cream
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Razor - Wilkinsons Classic
Blade - Racer SS (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Splash - Intesa Glacial
AS - Old Spice

I've been changing my lathering technique a bit over the last few weeks with adding the majority of the water to the lather a little bit later than I have done usually and I'm finding it's giving me better control of my lathers. I've used Intesa a few times now and I'd noticed the majority of times my lathers were overhydrated and I'd end up losing a bit of cushion, which didn't happen today and the lather was easily the best to date with this particular cream.
A pretty decent combination of blade and razor, I've found Lord Blades seem to work best in the classic plastic Wilko razor, and the shave was smooth and comfortable.
The Intesa Glacial Lotion is very nice stuff, a real shame it's difficult few retailers seem to stock it. I may have end up placing another order at Dambiro....

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

Back
Top Bottom