SOTD Saturday 3rd December - Friday 9th December 2016.

DSC_0404_zpsdz17upib.jpg

DSC_0402_zpstuoark3l.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Kastor & Co Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Blue Brand Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Kastor Solingen 7/8th..This Swedish Steel German SR has a Killer Edge..Is has an Edge Like a Laser & I have to Say its One Real Special Shaver..The Factory Grind in this SRs is Just Awesome..They Don't Make them like this Anymore that's for Sure..I Remember Being Astounded at the Edge this Bad Boy Took on the 1 K Bevel Stone..:eek:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Tues 6th Dec

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Active soap
ES Claymore S/S S.E
Kai Captain mild [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Have really got the hang of this Razor now, and can easily get top notch shaves. I am still using milder types of blades, which are not only smooth , but they enable me to do polishing up strokes without causing any irritation. A change of pace
is needed tomorrow , so will try a favourite the PAL Injecto Matic.

IMG_1046.jpg

Tuesday evening...

Soap - Cella Olio Di Mandorla
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Rose Gold Fat Handle Tech (1938-41)
Blade - Gillette Nacet #1
Post -Thayer's and Tabac a/s

I haven't used the Cella for a while. It really is good stuff and gives plenty protection and glide. As far as vintage DEs go, I think you'd be hard pushed to get past the Gillettes. I believe the Fat Handle might be my favourite...especially since its restoration.
20161206_183857.jpg

Tuesday evening...

Soap - Cella Olio Di Mandorla
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Rose Gold Fat Handle Tech (1938-41)
Blade - Gillette Nacet #1
Post -Thayer's and Tabac a/s

I haven't used the Cella for a while. It really is good stuff and gives plenty protection and glide. As far as vintage DEs go, I think you'd be hard pushed to get past the Gillettes. I believe the Fat Handle might be my favourite...especially since its restoration.
View attachment 22500
Very nice looking razor!

Would that've been how it originally looked?
No...it was chrome plated, but with a bit of plate loss here and there. It gave the razor a bit character, though. It's a great shaver and, as it's not one that I want to let go of, I thought some replating courtesy of @jaycee-uk would be in order. And, as you can see, he's done a nice job.

Back
Top Bottom