SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Sunday 4th February

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux, stropped
Soap ~ The Vulfix Old Original English Rose Cream
Brush ~ Omega Badger
Post ~ Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Balenciaga, EDP Paris

A good shave, my first use of this cream and although it was good I think my Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream is better all round.
I was left as smooth as I require and after a spray or two of Balenciaga was smelling fab.

Wishing you all a restful Sunday.......:) P.

Sunday

A discussion on here concerning TOBS Cedarwood cream and one on another thread talking about Gillette Techs prompted me to use the first vintage razor I ever bought and one of the first brands of cream.

TOBS Cedarwood Cream
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Gillette Aluminium Tech (1968)
Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

Lovely finish. I put an almond sized snurdle of cream on each side of my face; and one on my chin. The resulting lather would have been sufficient for about eight passes!

The Tech is a great wee razor. Mild, but effective and pairs well with more assertive blades, like the 7 o' Clocks
9EB7A204-217D-4109-85BB-0B220763B043.jpeg

92208_F5_B-7_B0_E-4_BCB-_BF02-_A3_A65_F0_A0_ABA.jpg

Rocca
GSB - #4
YaQi
Stirling

Used Mountain Man today with the 2-band YaQi and the above razor/blade combination. The blade was smooth enough but I had some slight resulting irritation. Nothing much, just a little. Since buying, and getting to know, this razor I've felt no real need to use anything else... which begs the question, do I keep everything else?

SOTD: 4th February 2018.

+L 14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S10065 .

Face Lather.

Soap : Derby Shave Stick .

Blade: Personna Lab Blue. (2)

Razor: Sharpy England HD .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Brut~ Attraction Totale A/S .

Greetings,

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave, with no errors to report.

It's been a while since i last used the sharpy england hd razor,which was passed on to me by a work mate, today it's performance was sublime, i mean, flawless! it matched up with the personna lab blue blade excellently making the shave very enjoyable..A phenomenal shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut~ attraction totale A/S..My favourite of all the brut A/S splashes.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

4/2/18

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Cella
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Asco Orange (2)
Post - RSC Balm
AS - Ayup Sabri Tobacco

I'm fairly sure I didn't add enough enough water to the lather, it seemed a bit stiff and my face seems to be a bit on the dry side of things post shave which is not something that usually happens when I use Cella.

Sunday 4th February
Semogue 620
OSP Lavender
Rocnel SE-P O/C
½ Voskod Teflon Coated #1
Alum Wash
Fonex Gummy Lavender Cologne
Astral Moisturiser
TMbua6F.jpg

After being let down by a seller on ebay when trying to buy some Herbs of Bulgaria lavender aftershave. I found this Turkish cologne. And I'm very pleased I did. It's fresh and has a nice, but not overpowering scent. It matched the OSP well.
A really pleasant shave from the Rocnel made for a very close result.

Simple face wash
Edwin Jagger DE89
Pol Silver blade (5)
Edwin Jagger best badger brush
Bluebeards Revenge shaving cream
Bluebeards Revenge aftershave balm

Last outing for the Pol Silver today before it is changed for a new one. Slight tugging on the third pass leading to a little nick.

Finished up the Bluebeard's Revenge shaving cream, fairly good cream. I'd probably buy it again, lathers well with a mild scent.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

CwP1RC7E_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Yaqi DOC
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (2)
P. 160 (sample)
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Pecksniffs Men Professional

I think I can safely say that was the easiest and best lathering soap I have ever used, I can fully see why it gets the hype it does and is revered by past users. A very noticable notch or two above thelikes of Cella and Vitos. The scent was muted, but from an old soap it's what you can expect, performance nothing short of exceptional.

A second outing for the DOC and it is a very nice shaver, say what you will about Chinese products but Yaqi are very solid and have quality offerings, both brush and razors. I can see a lot more Yaqi entering my rotation when I get over my last lot of buying haha :D :p

Back
Top Bottom