SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

Another shave of “1sts” for me tonight. First time using both this razor and Tabac. Looking forward to it!
6ab1fe8435fcfc789e3b4914e52622f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sotd - 4/2/18

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Japanese twin (2)
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste
brush - Simpsons P8 best badger
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - Weleda
scent - Hermes Eau d'orange verte edt.

Result - lovely, uplifting.

It was beautiful today - still a bit chilly but a clear sky and nice light - gaining strength with every day. We might have survived another winter - not time yet to emerge from underneath the tarpaulin but a reminder that spring will come around again. Rickets avoided for another year. Hence the software - not withstanding the name of the soap - I find it bright and uplifting - it smells strongly of rosemary - medicinal, but in a good way. I enjoy it in the same way as lavender soaps but more invigorating. MT shaving pastes are about as good as non-tallow formulations get for me. Foolproof to lather - very slick and complex scents. I have never tried their hard soap versions - the only concern for me is how much of the cost of the product is from the packaging? Heavy glass jars - a bit over the top - and frankly dangerous if they slip out your hand and land on your foot. The Agua Balsamica is a no brainer pairing with the Black Beer - yet more rosemary - with thyme and lavender thrown in. They dovetail perfectly, my skin loves this after shave. The Weleda is pretty herbal too and works very well. I enjoyed that - have a great week one and all. Oh - it's supposed to start snowing again this week. Ho hum - back to the menthol again then? Yours - I.

Last edited:
Have had a look but there is nothing that gives any indication that it is the tallow soap but have left a question with them and will find out in due course. Thanks anyway M.
Paul,
You will find the 70g puck listed as Tallow on Cyril Salter website. A lovely inexpensive soap-
introduced to me by James @Acer89 - Thanks James.
Mike B

IxayBdA.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: MÜHLE XL Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A couple days ago I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic shave before celebrating our 10th wedding and 20th overall anniversary.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week​

Pre-shave: tepid water
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: N/A
Lather: Canned goo (Gillette shave gel)
Post-shave: warm water

First try with a Voskhod, I really like this blade - smooth and sharp. BBS with a 1.5 pass shave (WTG + XTG in selected areas). Now to see if I can eke the edge out for a whole week.

IxayBdA.jpg

Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A couple days ago I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic shave before celebrating our 10th wedding and 20th overall anniversary.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

IxayBdA.jpg

Congratulations to you both and may there be many more. P.

Back
Top Bottom