SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

IxayBdA.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: MÜHLE XL Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A couple days ago I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic shave before celebrating our 10th wedding and 20th overall anniversary.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week​
Congrats :D

IxayBdA.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: MÜHLE XL Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A couple days ago I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic shave before celebrating our 10th wedding and 20th overall anniversary.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week​
Congratulations, hope you have many more Happy Years.

@mr. smith Can I ask how you find the shave with the Delta Echo refinished coatings? Thinking of having a Slim Adjustable redone, but not sure on finish, and who by as yet!

Cheers, John
I found the coating on this and my Slim to be very good; even though the coating appears to have a matte finish...it doesn't get bogged down during the shave, I feel that the coating never hampered the shave. Delta Echo does an awesome job on refinishing etc., the only negative is that it takes forever to get your razor back. My slim took more than three months to come back due to their long wait list. North Shore Razors does a really good job as well (I had one done and it was turned around in less than a month). I hope that helps :)

I found the coating on this and my Slim to be very good; even though the coating appears to have a matte finish...it doesn't get bogged down during the shave, I feel that the coating never hampered the shave. Delta Echo does an awesome job on refinishing etc., the only negative is that it takes forever to get your razor back. My slim took more than three months to come back due to their long wait list. North Shore Razors does a really good job as well (I had one done and it was turned around in less than a month). I hope that helps :)

Thanks for that, very helpful, I had looked at NorthShore as well.

As you suspected, my concerns were whether the matte looking finish would affect the glide.

Still not sure, fortunately I am not in a rush, the other option would be Rhodium from Razor Emporium, so it appears reasonably "stock" IYKWIM.

Cheers again, John

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: Cella
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Gem Blue Star
IMG_20180205_103054.jpg

I very nearly didn't have a shave this morning as I had a very late night watching the Super Bowl but I'm glad I did.
I now feel clean, fresh and almost awake.
Wishing you all a good week.

SOTD, Monday 05 February 2018.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, followed Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap
Razor - Colonial The General SS
Blade - Kai Captain (Pink) Mild (Day 10).
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Cream - Jack Black's Supreme Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, followed by Neville (Oat kernal and Aloe) Tonic Splash and Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A switch in pre-shave face soap, from the tried and trusted Wright's Cold Tar Soap to the Musgo Glycerin. I enjoyed the Musgo soap, appeared to prep the skin better, in terms of the glide of the razor felt improved.

All the best,

Chris

5/2/18

Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Yaqi OC/Lord L6 handle.
Blade - Supermax BDP (4)
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum
Post - Nivea Balm

When Yaqi put up their DOC head I placed an order for the OC head on their page, which looks like an Old Type but in comparison to the ball end Old Type I have the Yaqi OC head is a lot more mild, but it's still a very smooth and efficient razor.

A really great shave.

Back
Top Bottom