SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash
Cyril R. Slater Shaving Soap (tallow)
Thäter 4125/2
Gillette Fatboy F3 (6)
Astra SP (1)
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic

After seeing this soap feature in a couple of SOTD's recently I remembered that the ever generous James aka @Acer89 had kindly gifted me a puck a few months ago. (Whilst digging it out I also found a couple of unused soaps I had completely forgotten buying. Talk about an addiction. I was hiding purchases even from myself!). Anyway, the soap produced a lovely lather, and the post-shave was marvellous. So cheers James.

Tuesday 6th February
View attachment 33170
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: Occam's 3 dot plate/cap
Blade: Feather Soft Guard (#2)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Soap: Proraso Blue
Bowl: Korium
AS: Bulldog Balm

Adam . Is that a blade in that razor. because it looks a jaggy as hell on my screen :eek:. Or is that what the guarded blades look like, it looks deadly.
If not sorry.:oops::)

View attachment 33156 ~SOTD~ Tuesday 6th Feb 08

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1914, Brass
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated (shimmed)
Soap ~ Grooming Dept ~ After The Fire
Brush ~ Omega Badger
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EDP

Big thanks going out to @Benz3ne who did a fantastic job in stripping the Nickel off this razor leaving behind the Brass base metal and then polishing it to perfection. Thank you Ben, you're my number one stripper! :) P.
The shave was as brilliant as the shine on the razor, the soap from GD is as slick as frozen pond and the razor was as good as an ER 1912 for performance and handling.
I was left smooth skinned and after a spray or two of Jicky I was smelling fabulous.

Wishing you all a great day.........:) P.
Great picture also Paul.

Adam . Is that a blade in that razor. because it looks a jaggy as hell on my screen :eek:. Or is that what the guarded blades look like, it looks deadly.
If not sorry.:oops::)
Yes the guarded SE blades do a look a bit like a serrated knife edge. The guard is layered over a regular blade, I think the idea is that the guard puts just enough non cutting edge in between the blade and your skin to prevent or reduce the chance of nicks/cuts or being too aggressive, but leaving enough blade exposed to cut the hairs. They are not to everyone's taste, but I quite like them especially the Kai ones.

Prep: Musco Real Preshave Oil
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Morris & Forndran 3
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Razor: Tatara Masamune SB
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
AS: Musco Real Classic Scent
SOTD_20180206.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sotd - 6/2/18 - Tuesday

Razor - ER 1912 English
blade - ER Corrux (1)
brush - Stirling two-band fan
soap - RazoRock Emperor tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Fine Platinum
balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - ultimately superb after a halting start.

Gentlemen - sirs - you are a collection of mountebanks, foot pads and poltroons - rapscallions to a man. Damn your eyes! Ha ha ha. What's with the most egregious start to the sotd? The Tuesday night shave is probably my favourite of the week - generally home alone - a proper mimsy in the bathroom - at least an hour showering and shaving. Totally relaxed - normally. As is my custom I have a look at other posts for inspiration - it all started out fine - a mention of La Toja sticks - which reminds me I haven't reached for the Lea tallow for a while - ah no but - then multiple mentions of T&H No.10 - a classic for me, it's not been on deck for a while. To make matters worse the OSP UKWSS gets a name check. I'd been thinking about that soap recently. Bugger - confusion and anxiety set in. Sometimes there can be too much choice? Problem solved by the simple - and very childish - decision making process of shutting my eyes and picking a tub at random. This did involve knocking over quite a lot of stuff as I fumbled about blind - that then had to be picked up - but hey ho - job done. Mock Aventus it would be. I treated myself to a fresh blade in the 1912 - as I had no clear memory of how many times the old one had been used - or indeed in how many razors. The British 1912 is superb for me - just pushing past the American version - not by much though. The auditory feedback is quite something. The Stirling brush was - as ever - superb. Talking of brushes - I must not buy a Simpsons Milk Churn - but it's difficult - what with the glowing reports of its performance and judging from the pics - 'she's a handsome piece, and no mistake.' It very well could be the Simpsons 'Goldilocks' brush. No - must resist. So - ended up with top end bbs - mild and perfectly clean shaven - enjoy yours one and all. Yours - I.

20180206_194238-jpg.24564

Razor: ATT S2
Blade: personna
Brush: shavemac unique knot
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Citra Royale (sample)

The second soap sample sent by James AKA @Acer89
No issues with the performance of the soap, easy to create a decent lather and very slick too.
It's just the scent I didn't like. Not my cup of tea at all.

Excellent shave with the S2 and the first time (I think?) I've used a Personna blade and I rated it.

Thanks to James for another generous sample.

Cheers
Rob

Sotd - 6/2/18 - Tuesday

Razor - ER 1912 English
blade - ER Corrux (1)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Fine Platinum
balm - Aloe vera gel.

Gentlemen - sirs - you are a collection of mountebanks, foot pads and poltroons - rapscallions to a man. Damn your eyes! Ha ha ha. What's with the most egregious start to the sotd? The Tuesday night shave is probably my favourite of the week - generally home alone - a proper mimsy in the bathroom - at least an hour showering and shaving. Totally relaxed - normally. As is my custom I have a look at other posts for inspiration - it all started out fine - a mention of La Toja sticks - which reminds me I haven't reached for the Lea tallow for a while - ah no but - then multiple mentions of T&H No.10 - a classic for me, it's not been on deck for a while. To make matters worse the OSP UKWSS gets a name check. I'd been thinking about that soap recently. Bugger - confusion and anxiety set in. Sometimes there can be too much choice? Problem solved by the simple - and very childish - decision making process of shutting my eyes and picking a tub at random. This did involve knocking over quite a lot of stuff as I fumbled about blind - that then had to be picked up - but hey ho - job done. Mock Aventus it would be. I treated myself to a fresh blade in the 1912 - as I had no clear memory of how many times the old one had been used - or indeed in how many razors. The British 1912 is superb for me - just pushing past the American version - not by much though. The auditory feedback is quite something. The Stirling brush was - as ever - superb. Talking of brushes - I must not buy a Simpsons Milk Churn - but it's difficult - what with the glowing reports of its performance and judging from the pics - 'she's a handsome piece, and no mistake.' It very well could be the Simpsons 'Goldilocks' brush. No - must resist. So - ended up with top end bbs - mild and perfectly clean shaven - enjoy yours one and all. Yours - I.
Buy the milk churn brush, it will just eat away at you untill you do and as you quite rightly say it's a handsome piece and no mistake :) P.

ORP1AhxS_o.jpg

Simpsons Milk Churn
Gillette Fat Boy
Treet Falcon (1)
Dusy Klar Kabinett
Alum Block, BBA Post ShaveBalm & L'eau Majeure d'Issey

A great post haircut shave today. First time trying a Treet Falcon blade and of the four Treet blades I have tried, this is by far the best based on initial impressions. Maybe a potential bulk buy in the future. The Milk Churn and Klar are like strawberries and cream, a perfect complement to each other.
A beautiful brush.......can I resist.....I doubt it! :)

20180206_194238-jpg.24564

Razor: ATT S2
Blade: personna
Brush: shavemac unique knot
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Citra Royale (sample)

The second soap sample sent by James AKA @Acer89
No issues with the performance of the soap, easy to create a decent lather and very slick too.
It's just the scent I didn't like. Not my cup of tea at all.

Excellent shave with the S2 and the first time (I think?) I've used a Personna blade and I rated it.

Thanks to James for another generous sample.

Cheers
Rob
Top track, thank you. :) P.

Sotd - 6/2/18 - Tuesday

Razor - ER 1912 English
blade - ER Corrux (1)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Fine Platinum
balm - Aloe vera gel.

It is a beautiful brush the Milk Churn, loved the look of it the moment I set eyes on it. My first use of a Simpsons best (beyond a Wee Scot) and it is wonderful, I can only imagine what their Super is like.

I bought some Simpsons brushes from this company a few years back. Shaving equipment is not their main business....so that may explain why they are off the radar.
http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/shaving-shop-c102x2358681
They appear to have both afore mentioned brushes in stock.
I can always count on someone here to make a purchase easy, to point you in the right direction and even provide a link and I thank you, I think. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom