SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

I use a similar arrangement for travelling, my brush is the Kent Silvertex but I use the same exact razor, when the handle is folded the entire razor plus four blades fits nicely in a 35mm cartridge box.

Do you know what is the model number of this Tech? , last time I attempted to identify it Mr Razor site was pointing to a 4 piece Canadian pre war job but mine is made in England.

I'm not sure, but my best guess is that the razor used to be part of the No.26 Set (this one) from 1946. Mr Razor also lists a British 4-piece Tech from the 1940s (this one), but the knurling on the handle parts is obviously different. These two and the Canadian one with yet another different knurling style (here) are the only examples of this razor I know of.

Hadn't thought of the 35mm cartridge box option, that's a great idea! :)

I'm not sure, but my best guess is that the razor used to be part of the No.26 Set (this one) from 1946. Mr Razor also lists a British 4-piece Tech from the 1940s (this one), but the knurling on the handle parts is obviously different. These two and the Canadian one with yet another different knurling style (here) are the only examples of this razor I know of.

Hadn't thought of the 35mm cartridge box option, that's a great idea! :)
Yes that nails it, I just had another look and the Canadian version has a double ring on the handle which mine doesn't.

Thanks for the nice pic, problem is now I visited the awesome Mr Razor I am hunkering for a 1947 Techmatic but without research my bet is that this made of unobtanium.

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap: Van Yulay: Black Cavendish
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: King of Oud Aftershave Toner

After my last dreadful pairing with the 'Jade', Black Cavendish proved to be an excellent choice... King of Oud Aftershave Toner, and Xerjoff Oud Stars 'Fars' completed the job ... Damn! What a fantastic start to my weekend.

SOTD 20180304.

j1Y3FNN.jpg

J&T® zebrano / Maggard Razor Timberwolf.
Razor Master "Ari".
Vintage Gillette NEW (LC, made in Canada) / Windrose handle.
Supermax Super Platinum Tiger (4).
Jan's Splash "Pine".

Sunday

Tabac Original
Semogue 1470
Face lather
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette Rubie
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

My first foray into ‘real' shaving (three years come June) involved the Merkur and it was nice to revisit it again.

It pairs beautifully with the Rubie blade. Mild (smooth) the 34C may be; but it delivered a lovely close, smooth finish with no irritation after 3 passes. Interesting, because the AC outing yesterday just left enough bristles to warrant a shave this morning.

Tabac needs no further accolade from me. All elements combined perfectly. BBS and feeling/smelling great.
8858ECFA-CAF5-49D3-9C8C-93C7ABFF6C30.jpeg

E6DSpSm6_o.jpg

Omega 011829
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Platinum Plus (2)
Proraso Green
Thayers Rose, Proraso Green Balm & Aftershave

A better shave today, smooth and comfortable, the blade was at fault the last time I used this razor. I always forget how good Proraso is each time I use it. Not the best for post shave but a quality mass produced soap.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: ATT SE1 Kronos
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (2)
EdT: Parfums de Marly Galloway

Very pleasant evening shave. Eased back the pressure a little, and no irritation whatsoever post-shave. Three passes for BBS.
The de Marly Galloway scent was a nice match for the ADP soap.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Gem MMCP
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB
IMG_20180304_093738.jpg
I really like my Sandalwood soaps and Stirling's version is a very, very good one, both in scent and performance.
I also really like shaving with the Clog Pruf and today was no exception, a very nice start to a gloomy looking Sunday.
Happy Shaving one and all.

PRE - Shower & almond oil

BRUSH - Simpson Classic 1 synthetic

BOWL - Fine

SOAP - Le Pere Lucien Oud-Santal (tallow)

RAZOR - Wade & Butcher 8/8

POST - Almond oil & Razorock Blue Barbershop

I think this is my holy grail set up! The LPL is amazing and I really hope they keep making a tallow version. I like it so much I have 2 for in the drawer for backup.

Great scent from the aftershave. Really fresh yet masculine at the same time. Later in the year I'm going to try a different Floid Blue recreation though I am very happy with Razorock's interpretation!

The little brush is an absolute dinger and is also perfect for traveling.

The W&B never fails.
b2ba68ee1caf474cda3a011777f2c58f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRE - Shower & almond oil

BRUSH - Simpson Classic 1 synthetic

BOWL - Fine

SOAP - Le Pere Lucien Oud-Santal (tallow)

RAZOR - Wade & Butcher 8/8

POST - Almond oil & Razorock Blue Barbershop

I think this is my holy grail set up! The LPL is amazing and I really hope they keep making a tallow version. I like it so much I have 2 for in the drawer for backup.

Great scent from the aftershave. Really fresh yet masculine at the same time. Later in the year I'm going to try a different Floid Blue recreation though I am very happy with Razorock's interpretation!

The little brush is an absolute dinger and is also perfect for traveling.

The W&B never fails.
b2ba68ee1caf474cda3a011777f2c58f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom