SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar
Blade : Super-Max Diamond edge super platinum
Soap : Godrej shaving round
Brush : Semogue Owner's club boar
Post Shave : Alum block

A super BBS Monday morning shave. The wunderbar paired with the supermax have one of the closest two pass shave ,very smooth. Finish with alum block with very little sting. Skin feels soft and BBS !

Great start to the week. Wishing everyone a great week and wonderful shaves !

730056a1d6ef5449e9bb2737508a80eb.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Shave of the day, Monday 05 March 2018

Pre-shave - Warm shower, face wash Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap, followed by warm water splash and BBA Pre-shave Oil.
Cream - The Bluebeards Revenge Shaving.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic.
Bowl - Via Barberia.
Razor - Colonial The General SS.
Blade - Kai Captain (Pink) Mild (day 1).
Post shave - Myrsol After Shave Balsamic Water, followed by Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm.

I had loaded up my Sabre-SE L2 last night with a new GEM, ready for this morning's shave - however, the Rocnel SE-G gave such a good shave yesterday, I felt that a shave with the Sabre-L2 could have been too much for my skin, give that there was not much stubble to be removed.

A stunning lather from the Bluebeards Shave Cream, simply divine - great protective layer with glide and scent.

The General SS was a good choice, very smooth efficient shave - 2 passes with no issues. Lovely post shave feel from the Myrsol and the Bluebeards Post Shave Balm.

All the best,

Chris

Greetings All,

Apologies for bailing part way through a test but unfortunately, life (work) has gotten in the way of playtime.

I will be under the cosh this week and maybe next week and then normal services will resume.

I have new blades to test so looking forward to starting again.

Cheers,

Brian

In the meantime - Rainbow blade do NOT work well in a Merkur 37C - roughest shave ever forcing me to switch blades.

5/3/18

Soap - Pre De Provence
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Feather (3)
Post - Alum
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

A lapse of concentration and nicked myself and it had to be with a Feather loaded! The Feather worked really well with the Tech though, produced a very smooth shave even if the blade was a bit on the rough side of things.

Monday 5th March

RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre-Shave Cream
Vitos Tabacco Shaving Cream
Turkish Copper Bowl
Omega S10083 Synthetic Brush
Feather Portable Razor with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Nivea Skin Energy Double Action Balm
Vitos Tabacco AS

The snow is almost gone...so it is back to work tonight:(

Three passes and a little touch up on my neck for a super smooth and close shave:)

Sunday 4th March

RazoRock 400
OSP Bay Rum Soap
Merkur 34C HD
Astra SP (1)
Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave

My first shave at home for over a week.
3.5 days growth easily and comfortably vanished in two passes.
I was in a quandary as to what soap to use, not being restricted by what is in my wash bag. The Bay Rum was a good relaxing choice which helped relax me after a 5 hour flight delay.

Back
Top Bottom