SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

Hi, what is the soap like? I have never used OSP soaps . Is this particular one a nice strong flavour hit!
The OSP soaps are tallow based. Very easy to lather, give excellent slickness and protection, and (for me) give a great post face feel. This soap has a strong eucalyptus/tea tree scent and gives a good cooling sensation from the menthol.
I have the full range of James's soaps and it's hard to choose a firm favourite.

25764055897_b84c1cb39a_z.jpg

4 days with no postman so I'm limited to another boring (yet effective) Tabac shave.

I've been using the Feather Popular for nearly 10 days now and have formed a very positive opinion of it... I didn't realise how much my technique had slipped, I'd gotten very lazy which you cant afford to be with this razor or you'll be punished with a stubbly face by lunchtime! I've nailed it now, 3 passes and I'm getting shaves as close as anything. Its also extremely comfortable to use with the weight & balance being spot on... A bargain for £12 or so.

SOTD: 030518
SOTD 050318 resize.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #3
Razor: Parker Adjustable
Soap: Caties Bubbles Le March De Rasage
Brush: Rozorock Synth
Splash: Tabac

Really nice straight forward shave with the heavily weighted but well balanced Parker Adjustable.

Super soft tips with the synth whipped up a lovely lather using the well scented and slick Caties Bubbles.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

The OSP soaps are tallow based. Very easy to lather, give excellent slickness and protection, and (for me) give a great post face feel. This soap has a strong eucalyptus/tea tree scent and gives a good cooling sensation from the menthol.
I have the full range of James's soaps and it's hard to choose a firm favourite.

+1 on the OSP - great range of soaps and after shave splashes. As ever, YMMV :)

Monday 5th March
SOTD 5th Mar.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and proraso white
Razor: Gillette Fatboy F2 (1960)
Blade: Feather (#1)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest
Soap: Vicco Turmeric
Bowl: Korium
AS: Brut

Finally got around to trying the Vicco Turmeric cream kindly gifted by @rowlers some time ago. Odd looking stuff but don't let that put you off, fantastic lather.

Back
Top Bottom