SOTD Saturday 3rd September - Friday 9th September

4ba0e46232877710829090c8989b3d7c.jpg

Mmmm.........I smell like an armchair in a Gentle men's club , but in a good way!

PAA Cavendish
Gillette Aristocrat
Personna 74 (3)
BSSW Butterscotch Beehive 30mm Manchurian
PAA Cavendish Splash
PAA Cavandish Deodorant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4ba0e46232877710829090c8989b3d7c.jpg

Mmmm.........I smell like an armchair in a Gentle men's club , but in a good way!

PAA Cavendish
Gillette Aristocrat
Personna 74 (3)
BSSW Butterscotch Beehive 30mm Manchurian
PAA Cavendish Splash
PAA Cavandish Deodorant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Tremendous methaphor. I'm reminded of antiquaries such as M. R. James sitting in old libraries, redolent of leather armchairs telling ghost stories to a select audience.

Tues 6th Sept.
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
OSP Bay Rum
Schick G1
Schick single [ 3-Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S

Since using this razor with the modern Japanese Schick blade, I am enjoying the G1 a lot more. The shave of today was not only smooth and comfortable, bit I seemed to get angles right so that the finish was good too, without the need for many polishing up strokes. Will have to retry it with the "Chick " again , to determine where I went wrong with it before- abandoned after 2 Shaves!.

View attachment 20596
Beautiful razor.

Thank you. I couldn't really say what the OSP smells like, maybe a bit musty? I've never used Arko so couldn't say. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send them to you.

As for the Fine Platinum, it class. Firstly it works brilliantly as an aftershave. There is just the right amount of alcohol and menthol and leaves you with a great face feel afterwards.
As for the smell. It smells pretty close to Creed's Aventus and does last a while. It's not going to last hours or project like Aventus, frankly nothing does.

A mate at work smelt it on me and thought it was Aventus. When I told him what is was and the price, he ordered it straight away.
He said it didn't last long on him. I suggested putting some on his clothes. I've done this in the past and it does last a lot longer.
Hope this helps?
It certainly is good stuff for the reasons you state. Tempted to try the vetivers and the American blend.

image.jpg SOTD 7th September 2016. Good morning shaving room.

Prep..Shower MWF bath soap
Pre..bloom water
Razor..Hone type 15a
Blade..Astra SP #1
Brush..omega pro boar
Soap...OSP Spice road
Post..Thayers AF WH
EDP...oud 24 hours

My last day with the 15a today, will start using my other razors from tomorrow.

Nice relaxing shower using that oh so creamy MWF soap...lovely.
Bloom water rubbed into stubble and whipped up the OSP into a fantastic lather, Astra fitted and ready for a good shave.
Three passes plus a little clean up and I was as smooth as required and feeling good, finishing with a splash of witch hazel followed by a spray or two of Oud 24 hrs on my pulse points. Ready for the day once again.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday . Over and out.

Pre shave oil,
Maca Root shaving cream,
Merkur Futur on 3,
Wilkinson sword blade (3)
Thayers witch hazel,
Lucky Tiger,
Nivea Men

Last nights shave was awful, and I am too inexperienced to know what went wrong, the first pass went ok, as did the second, but by the third, irritation had set in, so much so that I gave up, so by the time I had finished, I had a face like a baboons arse,
the only thing i had changed from the last shave, is the shaving cream, though it seemed a lovely cream,

my only ideas, are that maybe the blade had dulled, and I had put more pressure on the razor, either that or it's something in the maca root, up until then I have been using Proraso white,

fortunately it has calmed down by this morning.

Pre shave oil,
Maca Root shaving cream,
Merkur Futur on 3,
Thayers witch hazel,
Lucky Tiger,
Nivea Men

Last nights shave was awful, and I am too inexperienced to know what went wrong, the first pass went ok, as did the second, but by the third, irritation had set in, so much so that I gave up, so by the time I had finished, I had a face like a baboons arse,
the only thing i had changed from the last shave, is the shaving cream, though it seemed a lovely cream,

my only ideas, are that maybe the blade had dulled, and I had put more pressure on the razor, either that or it's something in the maca root, up until then I have been using Proraso white,

I'm sorry your shave didn't go so well, it may well have been the blade, I always use a blade twice only so never have problems with them going dull.
Try again with the same gear but with a new blade and that should let you know what was wrong.

Pre shave oil,
Maca Root shaving cream,
Merkur Futur on 3,
Thayers witch hazel,
Lucky Tiger,
Nivea Men

IMHO emit the Maca root cream, your skin type could disagree with certain component's in the cream..you don't want your face looking like a baboons arse every time you have a 3 pass shave..stick with what has gave you good results up to now.Regards.

Back
Top Bottom