SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

SOTD 7NOV17.JPG
#SOTD 7NOV17
Razor: Timeless Bronze .38
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Bishop
Soap: Viking Shaving Longship

My first time using the vegan offering from Viking and I didn't notice much of a difference between it and the tallow soaps. Ease of lather, slickness, residual slickness, cushion and post-shave were all very similar i.e., very good. The only difference would be with the density of the lather; I noticed that the tallow soaps have a denser lather but both types of soap perform near identical. I enjoy the Viking soaps and would like to see more of these in fellow member SOTDs. The Viking soaps are definitely under the radar.

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I3) (setting 5)
Blade: Shark SS (2nd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kor (for men eau-de-toilette) then Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

Fine Platinum whipped up with my Razorock 400 then sliced away with my Gillette Slim Adjustable housing a Shark SS – awesome shave and ready for another day plough through figures.

Cheers,

Brian

Tuesday 7th November

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Cella Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Omega 10098 Brush
Feather AC SS with a Feather Super Pro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Benjamins Bay Rum with Pimento

No shave yesterday....so there was rather a lot to remove!. 2 passes gave me a DFS+ and a small touch up on the usual place left me with a fantastic BBS shave:)

SOTD:7th November 2017.
3C.JPG Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Wrights Cold Tar Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1305 .

Face Lather.

Soap: Proraso Green .

Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum. (1)

Razor: Muhle R41 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./ Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture /Proraso ~ Green Aftershave .

Arko ~ Fresh A/S Balm. .

Greetings,

Once in a while we all get what we consider a perfect shave, well
my shave set up today was exceptionally superb...

The R41 /Super-Max Super Platinum blade performed with smooth efficiency

It' been a while since i last used the Proraso green duo, and forgot how good this soap & aftershave are.

A effortless flawless BBS 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report .

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of ~ Proraso Green aftershave.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 7th November

Prep ~ Face wash with Mysore Sandelwood soap
Razor ~ Gibbs Adjustable (17) set to 4
Blade ~ NOS Sheffield Special Stainless , kindly gifted by @Bizzyberry
Soap ~ Gomez Barberia, Kindly gifted by @Digimonkey
Brush ~ BSSW Gonzo Silvertip
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Iris Prima by Penhaligons

A wonderful shave this morning, my number one DE razor, a NOS Sheffield blade which turned out to be very good indeed and the fab Gomez Barberia with its wonderful scent.
The blade was both sharp and smooth and gave me a fab BBS shave in three passes helped along with the wonderful silky fragrant lather that was produced from the Gomez Barberia, finnishing off with the BBA PSB. My scent today was the lovely Iris Prima by Penhaligons, perfect to give me a little lift on this cold wet and windy day.
With many thanks to @Bizzyberry and @Digimonkey for the blade and the cream sample, much appreciated chaps. :)

Have a wonderful day if at all possible ......:)

SOTD 20171107.

QcsN5hQ.jpg

J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Jabones by Luna "Hierbabuena mango lima mentolado".
Supply Single Edge V1.0 ("Aggressive" insert).
Schick Proline B-20 (2).
Harkos® Bay Rum.

GQQmnBQq_o.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
Gibbs No 17
Supermax Platinum (2)
Monsavon
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Cerruti 1881 Men

A superb shave again from the Gibbs and Supermax, I think Supermax is edging my favourite blade list. I echo @Blademonkey's sentiment, the shave from a Gibbs is very hard to beat. Monsavon is a great lather as always, cheap as chips and gives many a dearer soap a run for its money (and beats them). Finished off with a squirt of Cerruti 1881 Men.

Tuesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Village Barbour Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Schick Proline P-20 (Day 1).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

I was a little worried that the Schick Proline P-20 would have been a little to much blade, for me, in the Supply-SE v2.0.

It was a perfect pairing, went for a 3 pass shave on the face, with a 2 pass on the neck - no issues - a very enjoyable, BBS shave, dolphin + smooth, if there is such a thing.

No post shave sting from the OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash - overall a very good shave.

First thoughts - Supply v2.0, plate **, Personna PTFE = very good - Supply v2.0, plate **, Schic Proline P-20 = Excellent.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom