SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

Me too, I don't mind sellers remorse on things we can buy from several retailers but something like the Gibbs is harder to replace. I was finding the shaves were not as good as I first had but am happy that today's was back to how they originally were :)
I am pleased to hear it, I have to say it may well be my best DE razor! :) P.

untitled%201%20of%201-52_zps0i0nkjyy.jpg

No seasons in California?/ TIMELESS Ti :: EL DRUIDA :: 1912 BY WICKHAM :: PITRALON

Hot bath ~ Nivea Men Active Wash
T&H No 10
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Shark Stainless (2)
Proraso Green ASL
Joop Ed

Hard soaps have kept me away from creams recently, (too many soaps) , so it was nice to use No 10 today. I'm sure a pot would last me a whole year if I used it exclusively, it creates so much lather.
I much prefer an Astra SP in the Rockwell, they're much smoother for me.

Last edited:
Evening Shave.

BBA Face Wash.
Williams Cream.
SOC Cherry Boar.
Little Wren Pottery.
Ever Ready 1914.
Gem (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber).
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Aftershave Tonic.
Aloe Vera Gel.

I'm sounding a bit like a broken record here, but another inexpensive Spanish cream (courtesy of @Digimonkey), and another very good lather. Iain told me that there was a touch of menthol in the cream, but I wasn't expecting the full face freeze effect. I don't think I would have noticed if I had sliced my cheek off. The cream and aftershave combo will make for an excellent summer shave. The 1914 is on loan from Kevin (@Boru62) and he certainly knows his vintage SE's. He told me it was a tad more aggressive than both the 1912 and the Flying Wing and so I decided on a two pass shave. Two smooth passes later, and with just very minor touch ups, I was BB smooth. I could certainly feel the fresh Gem blade a little more than I did with the Flying Wing. But it was never uncomfortable. Post-shave my skin feels marvellous. It was quite a stressful day at work but now I feel refreshed and relaxed. Don't you just love a good shave? Have a good evening chaps.

20171106_204957-jpg.20155

Razor: Gillette Tech
Razor blade: Gillette Rubie plus
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington

The Gillette Tech is a deceptive little bugger. It feels as if it isn't doing much. It doesn't sound as if it's removing much but after three passes I only need a couple of touch-ups on the neck to leave me with a very close shave.

I grated the soap into a plastic tub. One of four gifted to me very kindly by@Acer89 Thank you James you are a star.
The soap is still one of my favourites. A brilliant performer.

Finished off with the 4711 aftershave, which was was a good match for the soap.....and I liked it. @Rohleder

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Date: 07 November 2017 "SOTA"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Barbershop Hop 5x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #1
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm with Birch Sap
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Back
Top Bottom