SOTD 5th Nov.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: The General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro (#2)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey lotion

An absolutely wonderful shave today, the Maseto 30mm and the SV soap created an amazing lather, too much actually but better too much than too little in this case. I liked the General on the first use, but it was even better this time, an incredibly close but very smooth shave. No irritation, no nicks or weepers but one of the closet finishes I have managed.

Last edited:

4d88f3d29b32c9d137f6cdc6c028f5b1.jpg

Bonfire night shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Elemis Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Personna injector (PTFE coated) (Day 3).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A great 2 pass shave today, very enjoyable - DFS +, WTG and XTG on the face with a WTG and ATG on the neck. No issues.

The lather from the D.R Harris Eucalyptus on the Chubby synthetic was divine - possibly my favourite shave cream at the moment.

All the best,

Chris

image.jpg ~ SOTD~ Monday 6th November

Prep ~ face wash with Mysore Sandelwood soap
Razor ~ Gem MMOC (converted to take Corrux blades)
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux freshly stropped ( NOS )
Soap ~ Valbora Stick
Brush ~ Semouge 1350
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Chanel Allure

A Gem MMOC with a Corrux blade, a great combo, I was left super smooth with zero irritation. Some BBA PSB to finnish and so I was smelling as good as I was looking a body spray of Allure by Chanel.
The perfect way to start the day.

Have a happy Monday people.......:)

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Four growth (lazy weekend) and warm shave

Preparation – showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I3) (setting 7 then 4)
Blade: Shark SS (1st)

Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kor (for men) then Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

Seems like ages since I posted here – Florida came and went, then back to a HEAP of work so lacked time to post. However, decided last week I would have a lazy weekend, no shaving, hence four days growth. Put the Gillette Slim up to setting 7 to scrape of the worse (WTG) then turned the razor down to setting 4 for XTG and ATG, ending up lovely and smooth this morning. The Shark blade was great (after a week with a Pol Silver that did not seem to like me) and the TOBS was whipped up into a super lather with my Razorock 400. Great start to the week :D

Cheers,

Brian

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Boar
Soap: Sudsey Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
Razor: ER 1912
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
IMG_20171106_090332.jpg

A welcome return to the razor which first piqued my interest in SE shaving, the humble British 1912.
And, what a great start to the week it was, the glide provided by this soap is very good and the 1912 was in its element, the stubble stood no chance.

Back
Top Bottom