SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

SOTD : 6th February 2022.

f.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Omega 49.
Mug Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS. ( D2)
Razor: Gem Featherweight.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel.//Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/
L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful performance from the Gem Featherweight.....It's only my second shave with the Featherweight, but i feel really comfortable when shaving with it....The Ted Pella blade feels very smooth & assertive pairing together superbly with the razor making a efficient duo.

A enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday 5th February

Soap • Extro - Legno Di Sandalo
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (7)
Post • Extro - Legno Di Sandalo ASL/EdT

I really like this Extro Soap, mostly for it's scent. The 'frothy coffee' proto lather can get a bit messy (flicking around a bit!) - but once whipped up it's really very good. Perhaps I should try bowl lathering it some time.
The ASL/EdT splash is very nice too, with a brief balsamic type opening, then a fresh Sandalwood warmth that lingers nicely.

I keep meaning to use other razors, but the Hawk is that good that I find it hard to resist.
That said, we're off to Robin Hoods Bay in the motorhome for four nights as of tomorrow, so I will make the effort to pack a DE razor in my travel kit.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone

SOTD: 06/02/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaside Soap And Skin Care Lemon Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

This soap is great another home grown little marvel. Could do with a tad longer lasting scent but still smells amazing.
Finally after 13 shaves with the feather pro I retired the blade to give the Schick Proline P-30 a go. Seems very smooth so far and great, but maybe not quite as fab as the feather but it will take more than one shave to judge!
I love my Hawk but the aggressive head really is a anything but! It’s smooth and easy every single shave.
Have a great Sunday guys.

Attachments

• 4F26A774-E526-45EB-97D5-7429A47AFEED.jpeg
    4F26A774-E526-45EB-97D5-7429A47AFEED.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
Saturday 5th February

Soap • Extro - Legno Di Sandalo
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (7)
Post • Extro - Legno Di Sandalo ASL/EdT

I really like this Extro Soap, mostly for it's scent. The 'frothy coffee' proto lather can get a bit messy (flicking around a bit!) - but once whipped up it's really very good. Perhaps I should try bowl lathering it some time.
The ASL/EdT splash is very nice too, with a brief balsamic type opening, then a fresh Sandalwood warmth that lingers nicely.

I keep meaning to use other razors, but the Hawk is that good that I find it hard to resist.
That said, we're off to Robin Hoods Bay in the motorhome for four nights as of tomorrow, so I will make the effort to pack a DE razor in my travel kit.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone
Enjoy Robin Hoods bay it’s our favourite place to go for camping!

SOTD 20220205

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Declaration Shaving B2 Carnavis & Richardson TI
Soap: Declaration Grooming Sellout
Razor: Olaf Rasmussen Surgical Prep Razor
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid The Genuine

42740-CDB-B772-4-B81-B941-1430-CC2-E1-E91.jpg

Best Regards
Marco
That's a cool looking razor... Very simple... I like it.

Morning all,

Prep, shower
Brush, Boti SHD Captain 23mm Badger
Razor, ATT R2 plate
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge
Cream, Wars Classic
A/S, Wars Fresh

The cream lathered up nice and easy. A touch of the nerolis scent wise but nothing overpowering. Very easy to apply and nice and slick.

I did a 3 grain pass. Zero issues. No cuts / weepers / discomfort etc. Very happy with the end results, a very very close and clean shave. Feels great!

I did feel the application of the A/S a little. But not sure if that was due to the composition of the A/S than anything shave related.

Absolutely love the Wars cream and these Diamond Edge blades.

Have a good weekend all!

Best,

Ben

Last edited:
SOTD 06-Feb
20220205_100321.jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)

Absolutely stellar shave, the MdC is consistently my best performing soap. It lathers as soon as you look at it and does its job perfectly. Of course being paired with the cadman (my favourite synthetic) and the vector, neither of which I would have if not for this brilliant forums BST (thank you again @Boycie83 & @Paul L ), just tops it all off.

If you can't tell, I really enjoyed that shave!

Hope everyone has a grand Sunday!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Saturday 5th February

AM-JKLUhmbPp9OycVfp4SvqHpBf0Llq8Ou8o9LOddh_fN6ePNqChPmofMq9kXYleoZJrbCan5TCPuEbksz-Yv2ZEa35GVrAKy1Gcv7q-5ZFbtznWj_713scHe-2kceNLqxUB3u2lKqxF20OAx5pHgyxKqz0ZlA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated Shaving Soap
ABW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Merkur 37C & ASCO Platinum (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Despite using one of my favourite soaps, one of my favourite brushes and whipping up a super lather to enjoy a shave with the really very good Merkur slant, this was quite horrible ...

Urgh! ASCO Platinum. No thanks!

I had quite forgotten just how lowly I rate(d) the Lord Platinum (incidentally 3/10 and an empatic "Hell, no!") and had no preconcieved opinion of the ASCO Platinum, having really enjoyed the Super Stainless from that brand name ... and most of the Super Stainless from the Lord stable. Yep! I'd forgotten that very rare occurrence (for me) of weepers and the inexplicable shave rash on my neck when I used the Lord Platinum ... and again, this evening. One weeper from out of nowhere and a rash at the bottom of my neck. Out with the Clubman Bump Gel! Pinaud to the rescue!

Flitting through my mind was that equally horrible experience with the Tiger & Tatra Platinum blades (which did manage a slightly loftier 4/10, but still also a "Nope!" in my books) and the ASCO wasn't quite up to a 4/10 but not quite a 3/10 either, so it gained a 3.5/10. I know, I know ... Lord, ASCO, Shark, Crown, Rainbow, they're all the same - in this case, I'm inclined to agree. The ASCO Platinum is as bad as the Lord Platinum and the only difference in score is likely down to the different equipment. But, if you like the Lord Platinum, you'll likely enjoy the ASCO Platinum.

@pjgh
Lord blades are quite hit and miss. Do you have a Shark Platinum?
I found the Shark Platinum to be different to the Lord Platinum, I really like the Shark Platinum, I think it might be the pick of blades from Lord, up there with Lord Classic Super Stainless and Silver Star.

But, I imagine someone else might chime in and say all the Platinum blades from Lord are the same!

6 February

Sterling Campania
Razorock 400 Noir
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline P30
Sterling Campania balm

1503560E-64A9-4F41-875D-FD79CD737438.jpeg
After yesterday’s unsatisfactory shave I was going to use my Above the Tie razor this morning, but instead loaded yesterday’s Schick blade into my Vector. A much closer but still very comfortable shave was the result. Loving my Blackland Vector, my just right AC blade razor.

Pre: Shower
Brush: ΑΛΦΛ Outlaw SHD 2-Band
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Sharpblade (3)

Shave: ATG, touch-up. Not as smooth and sleek as previous two days; I think the Sharpblade must dull more quickly than other AC blades (in my hands, anyway).
I can usually get 6-7 shaves from one blade, and I think the Sharpblade was only at its best for 2 – the third shave was every so slightly rougher than the previous ones. Still, the Rx with a fresh Sharpblade was definitely one of favourite shaves, ever.

3668B996-75DF-4CB1-A43D-552B5A8CF905.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom