SOTD Saturday 5th - Friday 11th August

Wedding Anniversary SOTD

Hot Towel, T&H 1805 Cream, Cadman 26mm Silvertip, Merkur Futur (4/4/2), Astra SS (3), Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey balm, Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey EDT

A great shave that was befitting of the 5th anniversary of the wife and I's wedding.View attachment 27962

Happy Anniversary. [emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sotd - Friday 11/8 - this morning -

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great. I was taking off five day's growth with the 1912. Only my second use of this razor but it performed admirably. I'm not sure I would push it much more - a wee bit tuggy below the lower lip - where my hair is the toughest. I was careful and it was just fine. I realised as I was doing the first pass that I wasn't thinking about the razor at all - my mind was elsewhere. On only the second use it had become intuitive - a shallow if indeed non-existent learning curve. High praise indeed for a new razor. Tabac soap - what hasn't been said in praise already? It's superb. I think I'm mildly addicted to the scent and performance. My face has yet to meet a tallow soap it doesn't like. Like my first use of the 1912 - no sting from the after shave - it's my new favourite thing. Nice to use the 1305 again - I've been a bit Maseto-centric recently but If I could have only one brush - he shudders at the thought - this would be up there. Properly broken in and a joy to use. A great shave.

So - the first shave of my 49th year on this benighted planet. Happy to receive Dior edt and Creed parfum from my partner as gifts and indeed BBA balm. Happy days.

Woosh! - what was that? That was your life mate. Do I get another one? No. I guess we have to enjoy it while we can. I've given up on the idea I may start behaving like an adult at some point. Too late now.

Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great. I was taking off five day's growth with the 1912. Only my second use of this razor but it performed admirably. I'm not sure I would push it much more - a wee bit tuggy below the lower lip - where my hair is the toughest. I was careful and it was just fine. I realised as I was doing the first pass that I wasn't thinking about the razor at all - my mind was elsewhere. On only the second use it had become intuitive - a shallow if indeed non-existent learning curve. High praise indeed for a new razor. Tabac soap - what hasn't been said in praise already? It's superb. I think I'm mildly addicted to the scent and performance. My face has yet to meet a tallow soap it doesn't like. Like my first use of the 1912 - no sting from the after shave - it's my new favourite thing. Nice to use the 1305 again - I've been a bit Maseto-centric recently but If I could have only one brush - he shudders at the thought - this would be up there. Properly broken in and a joy to use. A great shave.

So - the first shave of my 49th year on this benighted planet. Happy to receive Dior edt and Creed parfum from my partner as gifts and indeed BBA balm. Happy days.

Woosh! - what was that? That was your life mate. Do I get another one? No. I guess we have to enjoy it while we can. I've given up on the idea I may start behaving like an adult at some point. Too late now.

Happy Birthday Iain.:)

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Happy Birthday Iain, hope you had a great day. P.:)

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Happy birthday Iain!

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Happy Birthday!

Friday 11th August 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Timeless 0.95 open comb base plate with smooth cap
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (Lodz) (#2)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

I must be getting used to this Timeless razor, a fantastic shave today. My notion of getting a Timeless with a scalloped cap has gone out the window now, maybe the scalloped cap is OK but so far on my limited use of the Timeless the smooth cap has given really good results. Sadly the Timeless is just a pass around so I have to start thinking about passing it on but I already know I will miss it. I know that many of my SE razors can compete with this razor and for less, but this is the best DE I have shaved with, thankfully I have a some DE razors that come a comfortably close second best.

42482ffa5f43826298b19fe9c541bdf0.jpg

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Happy belated birthday Iain, hope you had a great day and aren't feeling too fragile this morning.

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Happy belated birthday lain , hope it was a belter.

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Shower and face wash with Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by Warm water and Village Barbour Pre-shave Oil
Razor - ATT M1
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1).
Soap - Executive Shaving Natural Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery shave bowl.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave and Ibiza-Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

Decided to rotate back to the DE - don't want to get too much of a good thing with shaving with the SE :)

Enjoyed the shave and the ATT M1 felt good in the hand. A very comfortable 3 pass shave: WTG; ATG and XTG. Very good audio feedback from the ATT.

A little redness from the final pass, in places - noting to write home about.

I noticed a difference between DE and SE, the DE took longer and was slightly less inefficient. Not an issue, I enjoy wet shaving and the differences in experiences help add to the enjoyment.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom