Sotd - Friday 11/8 - this morning -

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great. I was taking off five day's growth with the 1912. Only my second use of this razor but it performed admirably. I'm not sure I would push it much more - a wee bit tuggy below the lower lip - where my hair is the toughest. I was careful and it was just fine. I realised as I was doing the first pass that I wasn't thinking about the razor at all - my mind was elsewhere. On only the second use it had become intuitive - a shallow if indeed non-existent learning curve. High praise indeed for a new razor. Tabac soap - what hasn't been said in praise already? It's superb. I think I'm mildly addicted to the scent and performance. My face has yet to meet a tallow soap it doesn't like. Like my first use of the 1912 - no sting from the after shave - it's my new favourite thing. Nice to use the 1305 again - I've been a bit Maseto-centric recently but If I could have only one brush - he shudders at the thought - this would be up there. Properly broken in and a joy to use. A great shave.

So - the first shave of my 49th year on this benighted planet. Happy to receive Dior edt and Creed parfum from my partner as gifts and indeed BBA balm. Happy days.

Woosh! - what was that? That was your life mate. Do I get another one? No. I guess we have to enjoy it while we can. I've given up on the idea I may start behaving like an adult at some point. Too late now.

Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

Happy birthday, hope you have a great day. :)

Chris

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great. I was taking off five day's growth with the 1912. Only my second use of this razor but it performed admirably. I'm not sure I would push it much more - a wee bit tuggy below the lower lip - where my hair is the toughest. I was careful and it was just fine. I realised as I was doing the first pass that I wasn't thinking about the razor at all - my mind was elsewhere. On only the second use it had become intuitive - a shallow if indeed non-existent learning curve. High praise indeed for a new razor. Tabac soap - what hasn't been said in praise already? It's superb. I think I'm mildly addicted to the scent and performance. My face has yet to meet a tallow soap it doesn't like. Like my first use of the 1912 - no sting from the after shave - it's my new favourite thing. Nice to use the 1305 again - I've been a bit Maseto-centric recently but If I could have only one brush - he shudders at the thought - this would be up there. Properly broken in and a joy to use. A great shave.

So - the first shave of my 49th year on this benighted planet. Happy to receive Dior edt and Creed parfum from my partner as gifts and indeed BBA balm. Happy days.

Woosh! - what was that? That was your life mate. Do I get another one? No. I guess we have to enjoy it while we can. I've given up on the idea I may start behaving like an adult at some point. Too late now.

Belated birthday greetings mate, wishing you peace happiness,and contentedness for near future..Enjoy your 49th year of becoming a mildly addicted Tabac soaphead. :D

Razor - 1912
Blade - Gem (2)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Happy Birthday :D

Back
Top Bottom