SOTD : Saturday 7th May - Friday 13th May 2022.

280193309_1552942338460667_7145902973410220478_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Speick
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger (1)

The Parker's been neglected due to the Gillette TV Special arriving and more use of my Tech. Today it stepped up and performed well with the Tiger - in all honesty this is one of the few drivers I have that I now use the Tigers with. Everything else as expected, and I'll continue with this razor for the next few days rather than chopping and changing.

Monday 9th May

Soap • TDS Sandalwood
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Timeless Bronze 0.38
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

A good shave with dependable accoutrements.
TDS soaps are so easy to lather and take on as much water as you can throw at them, yet remain stable.
Fresh Silver Blue & Timeless Bronze was a good match.

Mon 10th May

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
MWF
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Feather Pro ( 5 )
Lea balsam after Shave balm.

Was away for the weekend and travel Shave on Sunday was OK but I am more comfortable at Home.Managed whilst officiating to get my face rather wind ravaged, sitting in one position for nearly 6 hours is not good.
Today had a good pre wash with a glycerine soap, and chose to use the lanolin based MWF to lather with. This was a good choice as the Shave was not only smooth and comfortable with a good finish, but my skin felt soft and refreshed.To help the healing process I used the Lea balm rather than a standard After Shave.

429D53B0-7BD7-4308-B339-B2888A829113.jpeg

Tuesday

As I really enjoyed the P&B interlinked yesterday, out came right handed giant today. For me it's the closest to Brut (of 3- PAA & Lather bros) I've found.

Splash it all over Henry [ref to a UK advert from the 1970's for those unaware]

Well I did after 2 passes (6.5/5) using the Schick M2 , Schick blade (6th outing) left me smooth as George Clooney smeared in butter!

Have a great day all

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_094927__01.jpg
    IMG_20220510_094927__01.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 6
10/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Rockwell 6S #2
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk19 (4).JPG
3 full passes with a little buffing required with this #2 plate, leaving me with a very comfortable DFS+ finish.
All good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

10 May

Martin de Candre Original
Yaqi Dandelion
RR Game Changer .68-P
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

E63A6EE2-0F49-43E2-873A-66BF9A1D35D7.jpeg
Two passes and a couple of touch ups led to a more than socially acceptable morning shave. The Martin de Candre soap may be expensive, but, it does last for years. Great soap, good shave.

SOTD 44.jpg

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Boti Sky City SHD HMW
Razor – R41 / EJ 3D handle
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue )
A/S – Epsilon BM
Balm – Lea 3in1
EDT - L'Occitane Cap Cedrat

Today was an indicator that I'm getting dialled into the R41. Almost instinctively getting angle and pressure just right and it felt easy and ( I never thought I’d say it ) very comfortable but I’m sure the blade and soap are also fair contributors to that fact.
A bit disappointed the Boti handle has discoloured so quickly but funny enough it matches the knot quite well. It’s been sitting on a glass shelf near a window so maybe its my own fault, nevertheless performance wasn't in question and it’s a beautiful knot.
As much as I love Epsilon BM, every time I open this soap I tell myself I need to get the matching splash. Time to get the hinges on the wallet oiled I think.

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD 10-May
View attachment 87849
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: A&E Warrior of Howling Fjord
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Professional (2)

Good two pass shave this morning, one slight nick under the chin on the first pass, I'm a little out of practice, but quickly got back into the swing of it.

Still not convinced by this soap/AS, it's good in itself but the scent doesn't do anything for me. I may add this to the intended clearout.

Smooth and refreshed for the day ahead, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Ah the Tedalus....what an exquisite tool that is. Thanks for featuring it in your SOTD.

10/05/2022

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .68
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Brush: Maseto 28mm Silvertip
Soap: PAA CaD

View attachment 87863

First use of the Dorco Titan and I can see why they're so cheap. A spoon would have served me better! Strange how something as simple as a blade can feel so different to each of us.
@Boycie83 I'm genuinely disappointed you don't get on with them, Chris. Still it's not like you weren't aware I also rate Tigers :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom