SOTD : Saturday 8th January-Friday 14th January 2022.

Sunday
Change of razor and blade. The Ball-end Tech that arrived and has cleaned up very nicely, loaded it with a Gillette Perma sharp blade.
Droid and Floid combo very slick and smells superb.
Needed 3 passes as it's quite a mild shave, maybe improved by using a sharper blade. Enjoyable nonetheless.
Although, I do prefer the fat handle to this, now that I have one I can use!
Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_134630__01.jpg
    IMG_20220109_134630__01.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 82651
What's the worst that can happen? :eek:

razor - Yaqi - vicious bastard on a stick slant
blade - Treet carbon (1)
brush - Simpson Special best
soap - Vie Long stick (tallow)
post - cold water
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Further adventures in Treet carbon land. This razor transcends the category aggressive - being better described as violent. It constantly wants to bite but if handled with care provides an astonishingly close shave. Job done but whatever the opposite of a relaxing Sunday shave is - that was it. Efficient but not much fun. The re-branded old formula Lea tallow soap still shines. Cheers all - I.
I had identical thoughts on the razor. VERY well described (y) Got rid of mine as I like relaxed shaves :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 82651
What's the worst that can happen? :eek:

razor - Yaqi - vicious bastard on a stick slant
blade - Treet carbon (1)
brush - Simpson Special best
soap - Vie Long stick (tallow)
post - cold water
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Further adventures in Treet carbon land. This razor transcends the category aggressive - being better described as violent. It constantly wants to bite but if handled with care provides an astonishingly close shave. Job done but whatever the opposite of a relaxing Sunday shave is - that was it. Efficient but not much fun. The re-branded old formula Lea tallow soap still shines. Cheers all - I.

It doesn't even look pleasant. It is the razor of Satan.......but I wouldn't want it

Sun 9th January

Cyril Salter. MS ED2BAND
Vitos Super Red
MM clog pruf
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

First time that I have used this particular Razor, having got rid of my chrome one.I actually find it to be a bit on the mild side though it delivers quite a decent quality finish. Still prefer the original.

7696BF16-05A0-4EF0-9AEC-263303E2AA92.jpeg

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Proraso
Soap- Castle Forbes Lavender
Blade-Rapira
Razor-Merkur 39c*
AS-Nivea Balm
AAS-4711

*The “Sledge” has been sitting on the shelf for some time and I can’t think why. Once it was my go to razor for at least 50% of shaves but as the collection increased it gradually took a back seat as did the 37c unused for at least 10 years! Anyway with a new Rapira blade it sorted out 5 days growth effortlessly and is a great “nose” razor. Can’t remember how old mine is but it was £21 new it costs nearly twice that now.

Sunday AM 2022-01-09
National Balloon Ascension Day
rSVVWBQ.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Henri et Victoria Duc de Santal shaving soap next
Paradigm 17-4
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (10)
Henri & Victoria Duc de Santal aftershave next

The soap made great lather. Unfortunately, just like with the H&V Cognac and Cuban Cigars soap, something in this one made my skin burn, so I'll have to sell it and the aftershave. It's a shame, because I really like the sandalwood scent.
8SeymhN.jpg

Given the logo - I'd always assumed that it was connected to the now defunct regiment. - I.
The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada

09/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Telstar
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Tobacco Leaf

20220109_133556.jpg

I concur with Lee regarding the assertiveness of this head. I'm fresh from the Lupo .95 and this head is more assertive than that. It's not rough but it feels like it could be the next step in in the Lupo range - .72, .95 and then Telstar. The .95 is a sweet spot for me and I doubt I'd reach for this over the Lupo. Do I keep or BST? I'll have to consider that this week.

Back
Top Bottom