Birch Tar Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
NSS Moroccan Sands Soap
Semogue 1470 Boar Brush
Dovo Special 5/8 Razor
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Oudh Khalifa 2020 EDP

A decent shave at last. The inclement weather has had an impact in more ways than expected:(
On Monday morning I didn't have time for even a Socially acceptable shave. With no prep....and in a rush I managed to butcher myself with an MMOC. As I was going out in the evening I needed a touchup and used a Futur which was dialed down to avoid reopening the wounds. The same for yesterday to allow the healing process to continue. Liberal use of a facial scrub sandpapered my face to a semblance of normality and I am back on track today!
This morning it was 3 passes for a wonderful BBS shave:)

SOTD 131217
SOTD 131217 3.jpg
Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Ever Ready Streamline
Soap: Caties Bubbles La Terre Verte
Brush: Annbas Boar
EDT: Joop

Well that was simply sublime. A BBS shave achieved with a 3 pass shave using my favourite S E Razor to date.

First time use with the Annbas boar, I have given it a couple of palm lathers before putting to use and what an excellent little brush she is. Lovely weight to the handle and I am looking forward to breaking her in properly.
Thank you @Blademonkey for enabling me. Unbelievable bang for buck and I do like my boars. ;):)

Caties bubbles never fails me. Excellent Slip n Slide with plenty of cushion and a marvellous Oakmoss, Sandalwood & Patchouli scent it leaves well beyond the shave. Great post shave feel too.

Finished with a cold water rinse with alum and some balm followed by a generous shot of Joop.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

image.jpeg

First shave with the Gibbs No. 17 this morning. Purchased the razor from a fellow member, it is in good condition. Initial thoughts - it looks great to my eyes, feels good in the hand and although head heavy, the balance works. It is an intuitive razor, the sweet spot falls easilly to hand. A close, comfortable shave was easilly secured. I will enjoy gaining familiarity with this little beauty, it feels special....

SOTD 20171213.

ciWdEtf.jpg

Vintage brush / Maggard synth.
Stirling "Wintergreen" (sample).
SSSeygus Extrem OC.
Asco Super Stainless (orange wrapper) (8).
Osage Rub.

Back
Top Bottom