Yaqi Sagrada Familia
De Vergulde Hand stick
GEM/Ever Ready - Pushbutton
GEM SSC #1
Alum Wash
Brut A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
38F4tJW.jpg

Sterling work from great components. A damn fine shave was had.
Good day all.

Last night's shave….
20171212_194605-jpg.22020

Razor Micro-Matic Clog Pruf
Razor Blade: Personna (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: ? (Sample)*

First run out of my newly acquired Clog Pruf courtesy of @p.b Thank you Paul. I've had a Clog Pruf on loan earlier this year and last night's shave was like saying hello to an old friend. Smooth and efficient, very pleased.

I was very kindly scent mystery soap sample plus two fragrance samples sent from @Sid James . Thank you Steve.

Although I couldn't place the scent, it's something which seems familiar as if I've already used a soap before. It reminds me of Wholly Kaw. Am I close Steve? It performed well with plenty of protection and slickness.

I'll leave you with this as it seems to fit the mood of day...

Cheers
Rob

D6E1BE49-C9A0-41C7-8E01-735725FAB34E.jpeg A cheap and cheerful shave today
Love how the cream explodes into action with this brush
Not as good a shave as the other day, the menthol effect of the ingram was a bit much today, had some difficulty around my chin resulting in some blood spots. Same razor and blade as my last shave (2nd for this blade) only variable was the cream (and my lack of practice). Liked the Boots aftershave, pleasant tingle, blood stopped and smells good too.

Last night's shave….
20171212_194605-jpg.22020

Razor Micro-Matic Clog Pruf
Razor Blade: Personna (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: ? (Sample)*

First run out of my newly acquired Clog Pruf courtesy of @p.b Thank you Paul. I've had a Clog Pruf on loan earlier this year and last night's shave was like saying hello to an old friend. Smooth and efficient, very pleased.

I was very kindly scent mystery soap sample plus two fragrance samples sent from @Sid James . Thank you Steve.

Although I couldn't place the scent, it's something which seems familiar as if I've already used a soap before. It reminds me of Wholly Kaw. Am I close Steve? It performed well with plenty of protection and slickness.

I'll leave you with this as it seems to fit the mood of day...

Cheers
Rob

Hey Rob, the ? Soap and ? Fragrance is Australian Private Reserve Coeur De Vert soap and matching aftershave.

Fragrance Profile

Top Notes Include: Rose, Violet, Mousse de Saxe, Fresh French Grasses & Clover

Heart Notes Include: Clover, Violet, Rose, Lavender & Sweet Basil

Base Notes Include: French Hay Absolute, Tonka Bean, Oakmoss & Mousse de Saxe

This is a APR Spring release. Dans interpretation of De Laires MDS is delightful, the Aftershave has more staying power than any other I've ever used, it's like an EDT.

DY0Asb8.jpg

Tuesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower.
Razor - ATT M1, Atlas.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (Day 2).
Soap - The Gentleman's Groom Room Dundee, Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush - Omega Barberpole Hi-Brush Synthetic .
Post shave - Myrsol Formula "K" After Shave , followed by Kiehl's Post Shave Balm.

Decamped to the in-laws for few days, whilst house gets decorated, and opted for the ATT M1. I love shaving with the ATT (SE and DE) and felt that the DE would travel well, given its high build quality and robustness. It was not my idea to get the house decorated before Christmas, I was just following orders.

First shave with the ATT M1 for a while was on Monday, a beautiful 3 pass shave, great audible feedback, zero issues - it was, I for whatever reason the smoothest shave I have had in years - afterwards skin felt dolphin smooth.

Another beautiful shave today, same routine, same result.

I noticed that since shaving predominately with SE razors and blades, shaving with a DE takes slightly longer - no issues, just an observation :)

I am going to try a simple one week on one week off rotation between DE and SE next year.

All the best,

Chris

Hey Rob, the ? Soap and ? Fragrance is Australian Private Reserve Coeur De Vert soap and matching aftershave.

Fragrance Profile

Top Notes Include: Rose, Violet, Mousse de Saxe, Fresh French Grasses & Clover

Heart Notes Include: Clover, Violet, Rose, Lavender & Sweet Basil

Base Notes Include: French Hay Absolute, Tonka Bean, Oakmoss & Mousse de Saxe

This is a APR Spring release. Dans interpretation of De Laires MDS is delightful, the Aftershave has more staying power than any other I've ever used, it's like an EDT.

DY0Asb8.jpg

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the description. I defiantly got the green notes on the APR aftershave. I was going to say I got a hint of cucumber…but my nose is not the best. The Christion Dior Oud Ispahan is very, very special.

Many thanks again for the very enerous samples.

Cheers
Rob

View attachment 31720 ~SOTD~ Wednesday 13th December

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Colonial Razors General SS
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ Stirling ~ Texas On Fire
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Paloma Picasso EDP

A great close shave from the general and Pro Super.

Have a great day......:)
Hey buddy what's the knot like in that boar brush?

Wed 13th December

Omega 11126 boar
De Vergulde Hand soap
Ever Ready/Gem push button
Gem S/S [5 ]
Lea A/S Balm.

Today I revisited a Razor And Soap I had not used for some time. So good when things work out, the Soap may be High Street [Dutch ] but it really produces a creamy and slick lather. Well they have been making and selling it forever.

The Lather really assisted the Push Button to provide me with a superb Shave, far and away the best I have had from this Razor, which I had previously considered a bit too light for me and my growth. In fact I enjoyed this Shave far more than my recent ones with the Sabre V1.

Another bonus was the after shave feel , as the soap left my face feeling soft and refreshed. I actually dispensed with both the Alum Rub and A/S Lotion, instead using Lea Balm which softens the skin when rubbed in and leaves no greasiness.All in all a very simple but satisfying Shave.

IMG_0454.jpg

Back
Top Bottom