SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

22 April, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Lodrino: Sandalwood
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

this soap isn't as thirsty as some of my other soaps, and I made the mistake of slightly over saturating it, but it still produced a very satisfying shave, just could've been a bit better..

20230422_153313.jpg20230422_153523.jpg

A new week means a change of razor and another new (to me) blade. The Fatip. Couldn't find any reviews so thought I would give it a try.

Certainly much better than the "Bruce Lee" blade I tried last week. First impressions seem good. Gave me a nice comfortable shave with no irritation. I did get a couple of small weepers, but that was from a couple of blemishes which were already there, so probably not down to the blade.

I'll see if it can last the 6 shaves I have each week...

20230422_153625.jpg

Head & Face
SOTD
Pre ESC oil
Leaf razor
Windex 1930s razor
Both with Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge blades.
Yaqi Aqua Synthetic brush.
MSC Vintage Faberge soap.
Brut AS
M&S Woodspice balm.

Two nice surprises! First was the Windex razor, which was seemingly mild but efficient. Second was the MSC soap, which smelled exactly like Brut, and had amazing slickness, which provided me with a comfortable irritation free shave. Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20230422_135937.jpg
    20230422_135937.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 6
Saturday AM 2023-04-22
Earth Day
ogpBv5a.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Horn Finest (22/52)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (4)
RazoRock XXX aftershave

The original AdP soap is my all-time favorite, and combined with the wonderful BBS-1/P74, it gave me my best shave in recent memory.
qemaWPv.jpg

Saturday 22nd April

AJFCJaU-EpsyZw7gP7Fr-ilh5jYmW5pnIsKJxpo7btUZBHcpvwEu77F5TBw_m9bQ77uOvgPgLkpvM2McVINDKa4TmTDbiekQy25OusBQ3BrcUFqF8YMdwxSrclhI4OcLsHO4AgGDtjc1biRYpWlusuaRLuGbhg=w800

Meissner Tremonia 'Natural Brown' Bay & Rum Test Candidate Shaving Soap
Haryali Rosewood w/Pure Bristle 22mm
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & SuperMax Super Stainless (1)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Continuing Artisan April ...

The last of the Meissner Tremonia flavours that I've retained and it's a test candidate formula and flavour, which only the flavour was released. The formula is: stearic acid, coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil, argan oil (all oils organic) and organic wood honey, organic cane sugar, organic glycerin, myrrh, benzoin. Smashing soap which alas never saw the light of the market ... but the scent did and you can (presumably still) get it as the Bay & Rum. That's Bay ... and ... Rum. Organic rum and real steam distillation of bay. As far as I am concerned, Meissner Tremonia were and still are artisinal soap makers. Shame their soaps are not so readily available anymore.

22/4/23

Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Oumo Flat Top Boar/ApSc Handle
Razor - Gillette NEW LC
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (7)
AS - Signature Soaps Danum

I don't use the Oumo flat top boar much, it has a weird splay in the shave, but works well. I had 3 days worth of growth that the NEW and BCP mowed down with no trouble.

Have a good weekend gents.

IMG_20230422_171852.jpg

07A9B36C-9BF2-4CBC-9E59-4FC9A5109D6F.jpeg
SOTD: 22/04/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

I love this soap, I’m going to be putting a want to buy up as it’s just amazing and something I would never try normally! The Oud wood dupe is amazing too, I found the Era level 5 a tad too much today despite having more growth than normal but a drop down to the level 3 and it was all smooth sailing!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Sun 23
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
A nice aromatic cigarish soap. The lather was acceptable, and the brush and splash were great!
This razor was nice enough for the 3-pass shave for a bbs-ccs finish. I prefer the edge to be crispier...
20230423_122613.jpg

SOTD: 23rd April 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave sticks (Grated)
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Original ASL. /Nivea Men Fresh Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another excellent shave where everything worked together superbly...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom