SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

Sun 23rd April

Stirling Syn 26mm
Ach Brito Mogno
Occams Oren
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Bet my Shave is better than the likely weather today - forecast is grim with rain all day and I am on an uncovered stand from 10 till 4.
Extra Waterproofs called for.

D11482D3-3C8F-42FE-905C-FC3D2D394C17.jpeg

Quick rasp as it’s Matron’s birthday so I’m on duty in ALL sorts of ways…

Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

Fat English Tech
Personna PC
Omega 102
Lea Classic SC
Proraso Red AS

SOTD 23-Apr
20230423_095035.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: DG Cerberus
Razor: Friodur 472

Decent enough shave, the shave itself was grand but thought I'd give the Cerberus set a turn. It's nice enough but definitely prefer the fougere release.

I'm itching for the package to arrive from Griffith's Shaving, restored Frederick Reynolds Swayback, bloody thing seems to be stuck in the void that is Heathrow and has been since the 9th, infuriating!

Smooth, irritation free and smelling decent enough lol hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Sunday 23 April
Good St George’s day morning from a dreich Sussex.
Picked out my Henckels Solingen travel set, the case has the Ford embossed logo inside so maybe given away to a lucky punter with Taunus or some such :ROFLMAO: The head plate appears cast but looks to have a machine finish around the closed comb. Probably from 1950s or 60s (the three lion Ford logo was introduced in 1950) it still looks lustrous and is maybe nickel coated? The case is good and it’s a very neat set, certainly one I’d use on short trips.
Positano soap has quite an oily base and strong pleasant scent, application with the synthetic re-knot produced a very creamy but quite dense covering.
Travel razors usually by definition have a short handle which is not for everyone but for my small mits and fitted with a new Personna US blade made short work of clearing stubble. However, the soap clung determinedly to the razor head and was reluctant to leave it requiring a lot of swishing in the sink. Probably needed more water with the lather.
Have a great Sunday fellas and if you’ve competed in the London marathon, well done (y)

FCE043D1-8598-497F-A61F-2AE922C70B72.jpeg

Last edited:
23/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Droyt's Classic Glycerine Shaving Soap
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Brazilian Gillette Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 17 (2).JPG
Hmm, Not a very luxurious lather from the Droyts this morning, i may not have loaded enough and then slightly over hydrated it during the face lather. This meant the lather began to dissipate during the shave. I used the bar crayon style again to bolster the second pass lather, it was OK and does have some post shave slip. On a positive note, no irritation so the last use could only have been a bit "windburn". I may need to put this in a tub to gauge the loading.
A very nice finish though in 2 passes with some touch up. The Globe trotting Blade still smooth although it will be retired as i do not want to temp fate.
Finishing with a nice post shave routine setting me up for the day.
Taking Mrs TC out for lunch.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom