SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

No pic from me today, it doesn't warrant one. If I were a proud man I'd just avoid posting altogether, pretend nothing happened. But I'm not, I'm human and honest. I seem to have turned into The Butcher of Windsor. Decided I'd give the Baurmann a run out. I knew it needed a bit of a sharpen, I gave it a good strop and thought I'd see how I got on, evaluate how far I need to take it. Well. I don't know where my head was during the shave, but frankly I'm surprised it wasn't rolling around in the basin by the end! Claret everywhere! I looked like one of those clowns out of a B movie schlock horror. The only soundtrack that could accompany this would have to be Rammstein.
I don't think they ever wrote a suitable song so I'll have to write my own:

(Gruff scary close-miked Till Lindemann unsettling storyteller voice)*
Ein alter Mann rasierte sich, Rasiermesser in der Hand. Sanfte Sanfte die Haut entfernt, und blutete vor Schand'. (insert Gothic female warbly vocal break)
Ein Gesicht volle Seife, 'ne kleine Fehler, rote Streife, das Blut in einer Rinne geflossen, so hat der arme Mann den Schmerz genossen. (Insert 2 heavy drum hits, Blam! Blam!)
Erneut, die Klinge zu der Backe, und wieder Haut tiefst geschnitten. Der Typ kommt gleich in Gottes Acker, so hat der armer Mann gelitten. Nun darf der nicht mehr aus dem Haus, der arme Kerl, er blutet aus. Blam! Blam! (Insert disarmingly gentle yet sad melody) Blam! Blam!

And now I literally can't go out, I look like I've put my face through a window ffs. Not often I cock up a shave, but today was not my day. At least I can get the frustration out with some extra dark German 'poetry' (sorry @Ebberman you're welcome to disagree with my use of the word today!)

I suppose I ought to put in a rough translation of the German in case Google doesn't help. Sorry I can't make it rhyme in both languages!

An old man was shaving, cutthroat in his hand. Gently gently he removed his skin, bleeding for shame.
A face full of soap, one small mistake, a red stripe. The blood flowed like a stream, this is how he enjoyed the pain.
Once more he brought the blade to his cheek, again cutting deeply into the skin. He's going to be at the Pearly Gates soon, such is the suffering. And now he can't leave the house, the poor guy is bleeding out...

Now you know why I like Rammstein, for those times when only dark teutonic muttering will do.
And now I literally can't go out, I look like I've put my face through a window ffs. Not often I cock up a shave, but today was not my day. At least I can get the frustration out with some extra dark

*If you're unfamiliar with Rammstein, this song will give you an idea of the voice, and the disarming melody etc.

As you know a massive Rammstein fan here. After all I've seen them 8 times (including the Live Aus Berlin concert and Cardiff last year) and have a big Rammstein 'R' tattooed on my arm with flames around it.

You need to listen 'Spieluhr' closely. It sounds like the background vocals are singing 'I can't eat fish never mind eat trout'. Always makes me giggle.

Haha! The high pitched background voice is the buried and presumed dead child singing "hoppe hoppe Reiter, mein Herz schlägt nicht mehr weiter". (Your fishy bit in bold italic)
Hoppe hoppe Reiter is "bumpety bump rider" where a parent would jiggle their child on their knee and pretend they're riding a horse, the next bit means "my heart has stopped beating", typical Rammstein to evoke extra pathos for the child who wanted to die just to be alone. The jingle tune is another such juxtaposition along with the plinky melody from the music box (Spieluhr). It's well dark when you get the full context.

And my first entry for this new week of SOTD's and as per usual a late arrival, which is contrary to what Mrs Satanfriendly thinks about me. These days I don't even bother arriving at all as I never catch the bus in the first place.

Anyway, this one arrives with the theme, 'Condoms? Stretching the point or pulling the rubber over ones eyes?'

Saturday

20230422_202733.jpg

Durex - Ikon B1
Boots (Wellingtons I presume) - Polsilver Lodz
Trojan - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Mates (I hope not) - Le petite Meusien - donkey soap (see Boots above)
London Rubber Company - Pure moisturiser

'Does my bum look big in this?'

'No, it's always been big, and can I have my bloody work wear back when you're finished Chris'

A start to the new week using the same tool I ended the last. And I am not talking about myself here, but the Ikon B1. Except not the shiny chrome cap version and the unexciting matt stainless item. Does it shave any different? Nope, it's just not shiny, but another great Godlike finish.

Team lather being provided by the very kindly gifted half a donkey shaving soap made by our friends across the channel and said donkey whipped by the Whiskey Barrel. To those of you who have never shaved with a donkey, you really need to. A top flight soap if ever. A big (y) to one very kind and super TSR member.

And a song to finish it all off with? From rubber maids to Band Maids and a cracking song to those of you who can appreciate the finer music of Japanese ladies......

And as a special offer for this evening only, you can have a two for one bargain and I will throw this evening's sink frolicking free of charge.

And a theme? 'Trout'

20230423_190954.jpg

Cutthroat - Razorock Hawk V3
Dolly Varden - Schick Proline
Splake - Yaqi Dandelion
Rainbow - Murdock's cream
Rammstein fish - Pure moisturiser

'Lobster sir?'

'No thanks I've got crabs'

Certainly a blade on its last legs (or fins) and somehow I managed to see it through to the end. Not the most memorable of shaves, but then again remembering a shave from 10 minutes ago is a pretty difficult enough task for me. I am not going to say 'a superbly smooth close shave' when I think 'shaved' is about the best I can offer. Shaved I am.

Nice cream and brush though

Something to end on. Well it will be Japanese, it will be girly and it will be Stand and Deliver from Lovebites. Not a cover of Adam and the ants, but some pretty nifty guitar playing going on....

And my excuse for this week? Building a gate

20230423_183211.jpg

And for tomorrow, painting it

Haha! The high pitched background voice is the buried and presumed dead child singing "hoppe hoppe Reiter, mein Herz schlägt nicht mehr weiter". (Your fishy bit in bold italic)
Hoppe hoppe Reiter is "bumpety bump rider" where a parent would jiggle their child on their knee and pretend they're riding a horse, the next bit means "my heart has stopped beating", typical Rammstein to evoke extra pathos for the child who wanted to die just to be alone. The jingle tune is another such juxtaposition along with the plinky melody from the music box (Spieluhr). It's well dark when you get the full context.

The whole of Mutter is dark. The best tour I have seen them play though. And being in the relatively small Manchester Apollo, possibly the 'warmest' concert I have ever been

IMG_1534.jpeg
SOTD: 23/04/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Channel Allure Eau de Toilette

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( R4 )
Blade = Silver Star ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat.
Soap = OSP Number 8 with matching splah
Balm = Baxter Of California
IMG_0404.jpegNice Relaxing day of shave today,
No extra Activities & No Alcohol which is pretty sad really but there you go.
The highlight of my day was the shave,
I really hope OSP come back soon,
Come on James you know you want to.
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

SOTD 24-Apr
20230401_123459.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: SS Valentia
Razor: Shield GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE

Wonderful shave this morning, the signature soap exploding into lather aided by the Highlander brush. Probably had enough for another few passes left in the brush as well. Always impressed by this stuff, excellent volume brilliant slickness and the scent is cracking.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

What is the origin of the "paperclip" nomenclature?
It was their “light duty” model. But why paperclip isn’t clear as any number of items can fit the same material and finish combo. Maybe the designer thought with a smile that it would puzzle people like us in future :rolleyes:

34 grams
Material:Aluminium on handle and plate
Brass on doors and shaft
Finish:Aluminium and nickel

Monday 24th April
Claymore Evolution - Schick Proline P #6 - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Yaqi Robin - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230423-102406-01.jpg

EJ DE89
Omega 20102
Treet platinum (3)
Arko sensitive cream
Superdrug Forest Fresh

3rd go with the Treet and it effortlessly dealt with 3 days growth. Would a 4th shave be pushing my luck?

Managed to get one little red spot chasing around my chin but the a/s took care of it.
F0C753A3-91D5-4DD7-9880-EFFBD06552B7.jpeg
Been using an unscented balm up to now so wasn’t sure about using a scent but it seems quite subtle. Don’t want to end up like the couple of guys at work that seem to be trying to weaponise scents by bathing in them!

Back
Top Bottom