SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

SOTD
Pre Pears glycerin soap
Gillette NEW Long comb with Gillette Platinum blade.
AP shave Co 28mm Cashmere
Signature Danum soap and splash.
RS balm.

Great start to my week! An all round excellent shave with this set. The razor recently acquired from Razor Emporium, along with a replica handle pictured here, performed magnificently with the platinum blade. The cashmere brush with this soap was like wafting patchouli silk over my face, and that really chilled me out. The splash is superb, and only a tiny bit of balm is used.
Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20230424_210833.jpg
    20230424_210833.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 8
IMG_1544.jpeg
SOTD: 24/04/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EdP

A fabulous shave as usual thanks to the Wicstun Signature soap. Occasionally I’ve started loading my brushes that little heavier than normal recently, not from need just for a thicker more luxurious shave and couldn’t think of a better soap to do it with and start the week with a lime blast. It was a delight as it always is and just the treat to the face and nose I needed to start another busy week at work.
All the best guys.

SOTD: 25th April 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Da Barba Shaving Cream.
Blade : Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable. (settings) 5-wtg,5-atg,6-pick-ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Original ASL. / The Real Shaving Co. SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

The Cella shave cream provided me with an excellent lather it's such a wonderful performer with its cherry almond fragrance.

Another close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of The RS Co. SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD25-Apr
20230307_174616.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: Stirling MITA
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Decent shave this morning, optimistic with the cooling set, it's sunny but still not warm. Though saying that I actually quite enjoy the scent anyway.

I'm still trying to decide between the Shield and Sabre as to which I prefer, the Shield being an obvious copy or if being generous you might say inspired by, though I wouldn't. I'm on the fence, I feel like the Shield has a bit more feel but it's marginal to my face.

Either which way, smooth finish and ready for the day ahead, hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Tue 25
Soap CBL Tonsorial Peanut Butter
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershave Axe Signature Denim Splash
Rarely use soap but boy it is very good (y)(y) Rich creamy and very slick lather!!
I love this top-quality razor! The edge is buttery smooth and crisply keen after a quick refresh on 0.1um diamond balsa followed by the roo leather. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...

20230425_133511.jpg

Tuesday 25 April
Following yesterday‘s Leresche let down I decided that I needed to bring out my French hoes to play just to show that they did make some excellent razors, albeit some years before the Leresche. I fitted the ubiquitous GEM to the Marck, applied the superb Veresino soap and mowed down the stubble with ease, 2 passes, a little pick up for BBS finish and my satisfied smile.
The Czar is included in the RK Waites bible the Marck not. The heads look pretty much identical and I would imagine made in the same, although unknown factory. The Czar has a brass head and Marck which is slightly heavier is chromed brass, maybe the latter was perhaps the deluxe version?
Both are easy to use and give a very efficient shave, the GEM blade is the key of course, but I could imagine in its day with a honed steel wedge they would have been equally as good. I don’t have the patience or skill to hone a suitable wedge so am very happy that the adapted GEM option is available today.
Whatever you are doing enjoy the day fellas!

7680B556-5C8D-421A-88FE-2529E0C5B8ED.jpeg
56E9D543-6A63-4E61-9C70-0D65E786A550.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom