SOTD Saturday August 6th-Friday August 12th 2016

Greetings
Although I take the p**ss about it, mainly because it is such an unknown quantity, I really like it, it lathers up very easily in my hard water and those animal fots actually do leave your face feeling really soft and supple, I certainly think that in terms of post shave skin feel it is at the very top of the pile and the shave quality is very much on a par with Tabac.

As I have said in the past, my glowing reviews of this soap come with the caveat that I do not develop C.J.D. or brucellosis in the next 12 months! :D

Regards
Dick.
Thank you for your thoughts on this soap, I think I just need to find the correct amount of water to get the perfect lather....it's really thirsty!

Wednesday AM 2016-08-10

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24mm/57mm)
Dapper Dragon Egyptian Musk SS (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Jovan Musk aftershave

I'm not completely certain yet about how I feel regarding these musk products.
qsKhSaU.jpg

Wow, I had forgotten about Jovan, I used to wear it all the time, a great scent if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
here's the link for you mate.
http://www.boots.com/en/Value-Health-Glycerin-B-P-200ml_852418/
just a few drops is all you needs,with either soap or cream..it's unscented also.so it doesn't clash with the scent of the soap or cream...give it goes see what you think.Regards.B:)

@Palmolive fox Thank you for the quick response, much appreciated.
I'm only just starting out in the DE world but been struggling to get my lather right. Hope this helps. I'll let you know how I get on.

First SE Shave
Mongoose B3
Feather light
Haslinger Coconut
Cadman ST

A few firsts tonight, first SE shave, the Mongoose is a beast of a razor. Massive head and heft but the angle was easy to find.
Haslinger produced a wonderful thick,slick and very protective lather. Impressed with both.

That brush is fantastic, cadmans are extremely good looking brushes.

Wednesday 10 August 2016

SOTD-10082016.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox USA

One of the benefits of this vacation is the lovely balcony I have in my room and from where I can enjoy a beautiful view. It is also a good place for shaving and - despite of the summer heat is quite intense here - sometimes you can enjoy a lovely breeze. It is an enchanting place for shaving and all I need is a basin with cold water and a hanging mirror. Not to mention the joy of shaving with this Mastro Livi CarboInox with scales in which it is inserted the USA flag, a razor proving - once again - the impeccable craftsmanship of this revered Italian artist and craftsman, a genuine expression of Italian style and art. The icing on the cake was my super cooling and freezing Thyrrenus aftershave, the perfect refreshing touch for this summer heat.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: De Vergulde Hand
  • Brush: Omega Brush 10275
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox USA Flag, 13/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Wednesday 10 August 2016

SOTD-10082016.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox USA

One of the benefits of this vacation is the lovely balcony I have in my room and from where I can enjoy a beautiful view. It is also a good place for shaving and - despite of the summer heat is quite intense here - sometimes you can enjoy a lovely breeze. It is an enchanting place for shaving and all I need is a basin with cold water and a hanging mirror. Not to mention the joy of shaving with this Mastro Livi CarboInox with scales in which it is inserted the USA flag, a razor proving - once again - the impeccable craftsmanship of this revered Italian artist and craftsman, a genuine expression of Italian style and art. The icing on the cake was my super cooling and freezing Thyrrenus aftershave, the perfect refreshing touch for this summer heat.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: De Vergulde Hand
  • Brush: Omega Brush 10275
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox USA Flag, 13/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Fantastico

Back
Top Bottom