SOTD Saturday August 6th-Friday August 12th 2016

Saturday AM 2016-08-06

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Finest (26mm/60mm)
Roger & Gallet L'Homme shaving soap (tallow)
Hybrid Delta Echo-Stock Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Hexagon Helix
Wilkinson Light Brigade (4)
Roger & Gallet L'Homme aftershave (vintage)
BzNYFvN.jpg

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Hone 15
Blade – Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – OSP Eucalyptus + Menthol
Post - Witch Hazel

Well, I had my shave all lined up, and then I get home from work, and the Rockwell 6S shows up (thanks Marco!)... talk about restraint!! But seeing that I haven't really got time to play today, I'm going to stick with my planned shave....So anyway, the 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge rocked in the Hone, and although I didn't really enjoy the experience today due to feeling rushed, It was still a wonderful, BBS shave...

After a hot sweaty morning cleaning the pool and replacing some screens that got blown out the other day I was ready to cool off. Some Stirling soap and AS did the trick. Used a Stahly head on a Windrose handle, Polsilver blade and perfection resulted. I'm hoping everyone else had a great shave and a great day!

image.jpeg

After a hot sweaty morning cleaning the pool and replacing some screens that got blown out the other day I was ready to cool off. Some Stirling soap and AS did the trick. Used a Stahly head on a Windrose handle, Polsilver blade and perfection resulted. I'm hoping everyone else had a great shave and a great day!

View attachment 20081

Hi there, is that a wolf whiskers brush? Very nice.

image.jpg Good morning to you all, SOTD Sunday 7th August 2016.
After yesterday's close shave I thought I would try something a little Less harsh than a shimed up ASD2 so I broke out my flavour of the day
Good old OSP shaving soap for glide and slide and my mini axe honed and stropped I wasn't going for a BBS just a good DFS and all went well, finishing off with a splash of witch hazel for my skin and some WD40 for my axe, job done. You all have a wonderful Sunday, over and out.

shaving_4.jpg
I used my electric razor first to shave under my nose and my chin, which have nor recovered
completely from my previous attempts at DE (Double Edge) shaving, the first pass was with the grain,
the second pass was a sideways pass the ear to nose direction, two passes on my neck were with the grain.
the good news is there were NO nick's, as you see in the photo I used my Feather Popular
from advice I got here on The Shaving Room, when I finished shaving I did not dry my face,
I ran some cold water over the alum stick and applied to my face,
I let my face dry before using some Nivea Post Shave Balm. I'm happy with this shave..

Have you noticed I have not used any Acronyms and Abbreviations.
We want people to join The Shaving Room not put them off, I myself have bypassed
posts which use Acronyms and Abbreviations, which is all you can do if you don't know what they are.

Last edited:
Sun 7th August
Omega s10065 Synthetic
OSP Bay Rum
Schick J3-Golden 500
Schick S/S single [ 9 - Japan ]
Alum Rub & Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion

A really good shave with this excellent Razor / Blade combination. Amazing that even on 9th outing with the blade , I am still getting smooth and close shaves of top quality.

IMG_0788.jpg

Back
Top Bottom