SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

04/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: P&B Right Handed Giant

No picture today. I could barely bring myself to write this.

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
So sorry Chris. The light of my life will soon be 11 and I just dread the future.

04/02/2023

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
My thoughts are with you, Chris. ‘Tis a brutal time and I can relate only too well. Those fond memories will never leave you.

04/02/2023

View attachment 100120
Chris

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Remember the good times. . . .

4/2/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - MWF/Kent
Brush - Shed Eleven/Boti 27mm N3C
Razor - English made Old Type clone
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

Graeme (@Gairdner) sent me one of his works of art, and I simply lost for words. He also included this razor, and paired it with a brand new Nacet for today's shave.

Thank you my friend.

IMG_20230204_174428.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pres-Shave
Razor: Homelike Start with start 2 OC 1.7 polished SS plate
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3)
Brush: Razorock 400
S Cream: Simpsons

This is exactly how I imagined an open comb would feel like. With a 1.7 blade gap this combo is not forgiving!
I managed to survive without any major damage but it was a very tense shave. It was like driving in icy conditions, never knowing when you're going to lose grip. Here it felt as I was going to get bitten any moment. Thanks again @slapo for the opportunity to try these. I am very grateful.
In this configuration this razor is a beast. Should be kept caged at all times!!!

SOTD.jpeg

Saturday AM 2023-02-04
The social media service Facebook was founded on this date in 2004
5bg4CJc.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Iridium Super (5)
Ethos Grooming Colonia aftershave
zgfSl7V.jpg
3q9mePU.jpg

04/02/2023

View attachment 100120
So sorry @Boycie83. I lost my 10-year-old Terrier to cancer last March. It was horrible. Still haunts me.

Fat Saturday?

Saturday 4th February

AMWts8DSuwrF40-ia5dRL_8L6xeFebRS_E4Ehc_fuR4cSsj6VyqvRsH6ZmoNnuCgKeLUXojfc3RwFHQR5nMVJYgSCuMvARdpfn7bOvLjEPqxd99MDGyGs5zaB48v-O-yNqDZAgpuMLNrhnkpCWeOAwXAzr8JXQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Marvellous Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Merkur 37C & Pro500 Super Platinum (3)
Pinaud Clubman Special Edition Aftershave Cologne

Two blades this week from Sharp International Products Pvt. Ltd. and contrary to finding that the Kleen Shave Premium Stainless used earlier in the week came into its own in the slant, this Pro500 Super Platinum prefers a straight guard. It was still good, just seemed less smooth perhaps. I'm running through two blades a week for three shaves each, through a modern Muhle Rocca, vintage Gillette Hybrid Tech & slant Merkur 37C and the winner gets dropped into a different razor for Sunday.

The Pro500 won this round ... so into the Gillette Ranger Tech tomorrow.

View attachment 100120

My sincerest condolences. Take time to grieve. We're with you.

Back
Top Bottom