SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

07/01/2023

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: CH2 Manchurian
Soap: Zingari Man The Rambler

View attachment 98564

I enjoyed this shave much more than I thought I would. I've been using the Feather to decide whether or not I should move it on. The last shave was one but I was leaning towards selling it. The Feather blade was super smooth for this shave and the Sego base is fantastic. Whilst a good finish takes a bit more work with this razor, I'm going to keep giving it a run out with some different blades. I'm now on the fence. It's a very nice design in terms of balance and feel. That Japanese did well with this.
I can see the towel has been retired again and there some intentional focused lighting going on, lovely pic :love:

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle Rocca - Birch Bark
Blade: Astra Green
Brush: Muhle Rocca - Birch Bark
S Soap: HAGS - Resurrection

A bottom drawer shave! And not because of the gear it's not good but rather the way it agrees (or not) with me is the problem.
The Rocca is an absolute exquisite piece of kit. However way too much for my skin. The fact that I shave daily also doesn't help but for me this is not a daily shaver. Too aggressive. I persevered for 6 consecutive shaves and the answer is no, not a keeper :(
Same conclusion for the soap/splash combo. Amazing performance but the scent is just not quite there for me so the whole kit will make its way to BST soon.

View attachment 98573
Great picture of your bottom drawer shave! :)

Paul.

Sat 7
Operation Turn That Frown Upside-down

Top drawer shave needed.
Fave DE: Gillette Slim on #7
Still the same blade, 7 o'clock Black (#7)!!
Fave brush: vintage 400 with Oumo boar
Soap of the Gods: Gothic Revival
Matching splash

Ye gods how am I getting great shaves still from a blade on its 7th run?! I really should bin it now but might just try it again tomorrow for sheer fun.
This is one of my favourite set ups. Great results. Has done me good. Be well guys.
20230107_141332.jpg

07/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 02 (1).JPG
Today i used the original V1 Claymore, a true heavyweight in the Shaving realm. To me it is very similar to the Mongoose although it is very "Industrial" looking which is something i do like about it. The Head is made from sintered stainless steel and the handle is machined then both coated. I am pretty sure it is a fully Made in Gt Britain razor, any more info on this would be appreciated.
Fitted with a Kai the Claymore has given a wonderful finish this morning. Even though it is a weighty beastie he is not an overly aggressive razor.
1st run out for the AP400B fitted with the 22mm Silvertip synth, i set the knot deep without the spacer that was originally in there with the 20mm Gel bulb. It has plenty of backbone now and can still be used as a face latherer. I do like this handle.
It has also been a while since i used the HWF, a wonderful soap which gave plenty of slickness and protection for the shave. today i paired it with the Danum splash and i am smelling all 70's student hippy party - in a good way ;) .
Woman People GIF

Peace-out Maaan!!!
Stay safe and joy your day all

BB1E45A9-01E7-4098-9779-0390E95D8866.jpeg
SOTD: 07/01/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 6th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lather Bros Flamingo Trance Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Noble Otter Neon Sun EdT

A lovely shave with the Lather Bros. This has actually made me finally like a Bay Rum scent it’s sweeter than most I’ve tried which helped, but there must be a common ingredient in them that causes me some irritation so I normally avoid them. This was fine though, a very, very minor tingle which was more than made up for by the amazing thick and cushioning lather! That and the scent made it a winner for me! Many thanks to @ATG as I’ve finally found a Bay Rum I can use! The Shield was amazing as ever! Enjoy the weekend guys!

7 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #2
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra: Rodrigo de Jerez
Fragrance: Almeria by Loumari

The Nacet with the #2 plate provided a shave beyond reproach, and the Joserra soap behaved like the 'Elite level' soap that it is. Sublime!

Back
Top Bottom