SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

17/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Old Spice Original
Wk 11 (7).JPG
I did enjoy that, the Feather WSD2 / Kai pairing really works for me, i am really liking these blades in the milder but efficient razors i have. 2 passes for an easy BBS finish, the razor seemed to me to have a bit more "presence" due to the wider blade, the extra width is really not that much, however, saying that it seems to work for me.
The Duke 3 in best is a wonderful knot, whipping up plenty of the good stuff from the "Old Gold" soap.
I finished with a nice post shave routine setting me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

17/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Old Spice Original
View attachment 102527
I did enjoy that, the Feather WSD2 / Kai pairing really works for me, i am really liking these blades in the milder but efficient razors i have. 2 passes for an easy BBS finish, the razor seemed to me to have a bit more "presence" due to the wider blade, the extra width is really not that much, however, saying that it seems to work for me.
The Duke 3 in best is a wonderful knot, whipping up plenty of the good stuff from the "Old Gold" soap.
I finished with a nice post shave routine setting me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
A fine Japanese razor blade for a fine Japanese razor.
I will be trying these out in my AS-D1 and my D2 very soon.

Paul.

Thought I would run out the Bolzano blade in the Tech, so today is it's final day. As it's Paddy's Day, thought I would go green and have some Brut action. P&B Right Handed Giant followed with a splash all over. The soap was great, super lather and as I left it a bit later and could take my time, was relaxed, in a good mood ready to finish off the work week!

Hope everyone has a right good weekend.

Attachments

• 20230317_121913.jpg
    20230317_121913.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2
Friday AM 2023-03-17
Happy St. Patrick's Day
5iEpkG1.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Diamondback
Wilkinson Light Brigade (10)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)
igKYQwI.jpg
uHdxfWh.jpg

Friday 17th March

AMWts8B8x5WgzjY8SHr2YGnr1Ct9a29wej5bx2brqZMPFY42DT5CEHcPYfCFVGAlB5NYyVGkcPcvOQQe7xxzXeo2trBFPXkffkQkM3ugvf8TuA56ocCsriTq8h2JlLEwUfkej9WIRQk1kTGRlUBLbRZh8VasgQ=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Vitos Supercrema & Razorock Hive Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Lord Classic Super Stainless
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

Something green for St Patrick's Day ...

Ah, the Lord Classic ... so much smoother than the rest of the pack, certainly a cut above the regular Extra class of blade. By the end of the shave, not so sure. Maybe it's just the Lord Extra for a specific market.

Whatever. Superb shave from a blade that always does it for me.

After 24hrs to digest the recent shaving budget it is over to the IFS (Institute For Shaving) for their interpretation. Hence this evening we weigh up the shave themed, 'The rising cost of facial hair removal'

View attachment 102502

£1912 - Ever Ready 1912
£100% - GEM
£24mm - Cadman Tuxedo
£2.63inches - The Bath House Orange flower
£6.66 - Floris Elite
'Two pounds of shaving brushes, that'll be......£70,000 please'

In an attempt to reduce the level of bearded twats in the market place the Shaving Party have budgeted an additional £7bn of tax payers money to control facial inflation. In due consideration (by our estimation) we expect an extra 100 smooth faces throughout the general population the fiscal facial term equates to £70m/shave. Based on this we foresee an increase in the ftse 100 index on tonsile related businesses and a massive increase in the prices of their products.

Brian H. Please PM me as I have a great idea for buying an island between us. Or one each if we get this one right.

Did I shave this evening or do I just waffle shite? Indeed I managed both.

Starting with team lather the Tuxedo is just the perfect brush to deliver on a hard soap and the Bath House is just that. And a superb soap with superb qualities in to the mix. I do find I have to add a bit more water than I am used to, but that is the nature of the product.

The 1912? Not a general go to for me but one which always gives me great pleasure in use. Just the idea that I am shaving with a razor pushing 100 years which still delivers shaves as good as any modern item out there makes me happy. And deliver it did. In a most perfect manner. I feel like an antique and in fact I am. But a very nicely clean shaven antique. A bit like @TobyC except British damn it.

Seems sometime since I last posted these girls and this shaves needs an injection of happiness to end on. Over to Pantyhose.....

@Satanfriendly I presume the island must be Japan!

Razor = PAA Fakelight
Blade = Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = Wild West Brush Works Cashmere
Soap = Wickhams 1912 Shamrock Tweed
With matching Balm
Splash = PAA Twee

544073B9-08B1-4E7F-B91C-8E2C25200CED.pngAs you can see i’m out in support of our Irish Members,
And a lovely shave was had.
The Wickham's needs no introduction on here, everyone knows how good it is and for me it’s another one of these soaps i’m not using enough.
The Fakelite series of razors from paa are ok,
i actually like them but not the greatest of shaves,
it’s not a razor i could use as an everyday, but for days like this it’s ideal.
Paired with the 7oclock it was a 7/10,
Not my favourite blade by any means but again it’s ok.
The Twee Splash is PAA’s take on Aventis Irish Tweed and a smell i adore,
how near it is to the real McCoy i’ll never know considering it’s been discontinued since the 70’s
i think.
Ok Boys & Girls Stay Safe and for those having a cheeky we one
Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom