Closed Straight Razor Pass Around

Mr @rowlers gave me wonderful idea to offer straight razor for members who are willing to experience real shaving :D

Razor can be seen here

It is 5/8 full hollow square point, so be careful. Please clean and sterilize razor before using it.
@Stacy555 kindly offered to send it to fist person on the list.
Pass around is open worldwide.

If you are interested put your name down.

Great!
I'd like to have a go, but I have a few pass arounds at the moment so would like to go down the list.
Put me down at number 5 for now, if you have little interest I can always have an extended run until someone else steps ;)
How do us noobs keep a keen edge?

Edge was not a problem , gentle strop before and after seemed to keep it in good shape.
Technique was and is my issue, I found a Kamisori is more to my liking in use, but still find it difficult to achieve anything close to a DE, but as I say It's me not the blade, I'm sure I will hit a sweet spot one day and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Don't be discouraged by slow uptake. Many people take a while to get the courage to try a straight. When they do, it would be nice to have a straight they can try. A word of encouragement: straights are not as scary as they look. I'm still struggling with handling them myself, but I have never sliced my face. If you are a seasoned DE shaver, you'll be able to shave with a straight - it might just be a bit awkward. That's all.
Great pass around!

I've used both the Imperial and the Friodur that RSSO kindly loaned me and have done no damage to any part of my skin other than the aforementioned razor burn which was "self inflicted", I agree with a little patience and a willingness to take some good advice, its a doable and at times enjoyable experience.

I'm in no hurry, if it stays with me a while longer I may still find time for another shave or 2.

Back
Top Bottom