Closed Straight Razor Pass Around

I'd be up for giving this a go. Thinking about getting a straight for my birthday at the end of March but would be good to try before I commit!
If I can get on the list I could do with some advice on how to sterilise the razor.

I've had a couple of shaves with this now.
First one, just did the cheeks used both hands, then finished up with a DE. Was ok.

Second one, just went for it. Did a full WTG pass, used both hands. Was great fun. Not close at all but it felt good to actually shave with a straight. I'd been a bit scared of them for a long time and to use one and enjoy it was really nice.

That's enough for me to know that I can definitely get on with a straight :)
Going to start researching what to get now.

I'll give the razor a quick disinfect today and then I can pass it on. @ajh101 shoot me your address in a PM and I'll get it sent on by the end of the week.

@Stacy555 just to keep you up to date.
I've had a quick chat with ajh101 and he's got a lot on at the moment.
I'm away next week so will hold on to the razor until I get back and send it on to him then.

I can have a couple more shaves with it too which is good :)

@Stacy555 just to keep you up to date.
I've had a quick chat with ajh101 and he's got a lot on at the moment.
I'm away next week so will hold on to the razor until I get back and send it on to him then.

I can have a couple more shaves with it too which is good :)
That's fine , and would be good to have a few more shaves, glad you are enjoying the experience, if you could do as you are and keep me informed of the progress that would be great.

I've had a couple of shaves with this now.
First one, just did the cheeks used both hands, then finished up with a DE. Was ok.

Second one, just went for it. Did a full WTG pass, used both hands. Was great fun. Not close at all but it felt good to actually shave with a straight. I'd been a bit scared of them for a long time and to use one and enjoy it was really nice.

That's enough for me to know that I can definitely get on with a straight :)
Going to start researching what to get now.

I'll give the razor a quick disinfect today and then I can pass it on. @ajh101 shoot me your address in a PM and I'll get it sent on by the end of the week.

Nice we have fast learner , not like @Stacy555 :p

Right, @RSSO @Stacy555 I've had a bit of a 'mare this morning.
Went for my third shave with the straight and at one point I went to rinse the razor and knocked it against the dish my brush was sitting in.
There is a tiny nick in the blade near the point :(
I'm really sorry.

I don't think I can send it on to the next person like this, I think it needs to be honed out. I really don't know enough to say how much of a hone it needs though.

I've tried to get pictures of the damage but not sure how easy it is to see.
IMG_4138.jpg IMG_4139.jpg

I will of course send it to someone to hone at my expense before passing it on. Can you advise who I could send it to?

Back
Top Bottom