Thank you God bless

@moodymick

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/time-for-a-bst-o-open.39122/

On this thread this morning Nishy questioned (in a polite and respectful manner) whether there was any moderation of the moderators. It went as far to indirectly make a point, a pretty valid one in my opinion. The post was deleted.

I posted a playful suggestion that there was a mood for a MEXIT referendum based on recent events. The post was deleted.

There were subsequent posts on the the thread deleted. The thread was then locked.

Similar to UKRob last weekend, people are tiring of the constant disappearance of posts where there's deemed to be no rule breaks.

And what was wrong with my MEXIT comment? What rule did that break?

What happened to the 'pinch of salt' that the rules also mention?

Why are comments like "you fucking benders" expected to be taken with a 'pinch of salt' but my comment could not be?

1. Boab made it abundantly clear that the content of posts in the BST were being derailed by (a very small number of) sideline snipers. The remedy (since not all can exercise self-control) is that no such posts will be allowed. This is not negotiable at this point in time. It is pointless to keep bringing it up, it will not change for the foreseeable future.

2. Bermuda Triangles - where possible and practicable there should be a reason given for the moderation - but remember we're volunteers here and it's a thankless task to try and explain every action.

3. Gratuitous swearing - I've not seen the original post with the "fucking benders" in - however I can sympathise with any moderator who reached the point where that came out - the constant attempts to bend the rules (or simply ignore them) is incredibly frustrating - especially when it's the same names keep appearing in the moderation list.

I can sense the public mood for a MEXIT referendum.

The YES campaign stands for:

More:
  • The liberty to assist with sales
  • Freedom of Posters to post what and where they want, even in SOTD
  • Salt
Less:
  • Forum Bermuda Triangles & Black Holes
  • Members seeking exile in the Dagobah System
  • 'Fucking Benders'

So, to recap, you simply cannot let go can you? Which part of raise it with the Administrators are you missing? Carping about it here is not edifying for anyone involved.

How about I throw my toys out of the pram and shut the board down completely? Because right now, I am close to doing just that.

Flipping heck. That is a shock. I'll be gutted if you leave Nishy. You have been so helpful to me and others. You have always been nice in all your replies. The first to go I aint bothered about. Only had anything to do with him twice and both were unpleasent. Not you though. Sad day if you leave.

Last edited:
So, to recap, you simply cannot let go can you? Which part of raise it with the Administrators are you missing? Carping about it here is not edifying for anyone involved.

No, not easily. It's been a public issue and when respected forum members are leaving and nobody seems to quite know for sure why, it needs to be put out there that there are problems with the moderation. Does that answer your question?

How about I throw my toys out of the pram and shut the board down completely? Because right now, I am close to doing just that.

That'd be your choice.

@moodymick

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/time-for-a-bst-o-open.39122/

On this thread this morning Nishy questioned (in a polite and respectful manner) whether there was any moderation of the moderators. It went as far to indirectly make a point, a pretty valid one in my opinion. The post was deleted.

I posted a playful suggestion that there was a mood for a MEXIT referendum based on recent events. The post was deleted.

There were subsequent posts on the the thread deleted. The thread was then locked.

Similar to UKRob last weekend, people are tiring of the constant disappearance of posts where there's deemed to be no rule breaks.
I appreciate that @jb74

Well, what a to do. I have a limited amount of sympathy for both sides, because I am an adult, but neither has righteousness on their side. Sorry.

First, @Nishy, thanks for your advice on my Shavemac group buy. Both helpful and prompt. I will be using the bush in about 30 minutes for the first time. Be ready for another "thanks" and "wow".

Second, there is free speech and there is offensive or dangerous posts to the members. With the potential loss of longtime valuable members, appears to be a movement towards censorship and away from free speech. While I support deletions of hateful/disrespectful opinions directed at members, I also like humor and varied opinions. Change could be needed.

Second, there is free speech and there is offensive or dangerous posts to the members. With the potential loss of longtime valuable members, appears to be a movement towards censorship and away from free speech. While I support deletions of hateful/disrespectful opinions directed at members, I also like humor and varied opinions. Change could be needed.

This can be a slippy slope and if care and attention are not paid, by all sides the result will be to the detriment to the founding principles of this place and it will merely become the UK branch of Bland and Blander.

And that would be a shame - cos I'm probably still banned from there and am running out of places to moan on.

I have to say (even though I am tagged as a newbie) that Forum like these are full of Gentlemen and it is a choice few that want to behave in a different manner. Now for the moment you have been waiting for, me throwing my toys out of my pram... Nishy no, I simply can't let you go and if you do I am going to hold my breath until I burst.. No even stronger than that, I will hold onto your leg and not let go. You will have a 48 year old tethered to you. And the same for you UKRob, how I would achieve that splitting of the body I'm no sure yet!
Ok got that out of my system now. Nishy, it is very rare to meet a gent like yourself, I could list the positive traits you demonstrate and bring to this community (AND THAT IS THE KEY HERE, COMMUNITY) but I fear I may not have enough space in the text box. If I can every by you a beer (or another tipple) I'm just around the corner!

Jings folks I'm having to bob and weave to avoid the Teddies flying out of the cots! I'm sorry to see Rob and Nishy go, equally I've seen them both get moderated for legitimate reasons in the past and there are better ways of dealing with things than taking your bat very publically home with your lip out. Stirrers of the pot don't help neither.

I hope they reconsider.

But I've yet to see the sort of heavy handed moderation and bullying on this forum that occurs on many others. If you have a problem with the moderation why not apply to help out and put your money where your cakehole is.

Shit we are all old enough to have chin wigs to scrape off perhaps we should act it.

Sorry to see you go Nishy.

Back
Top Bottom