The Bluebeards Revenge

Just saw shaving-shack launched this new shaving cream which is designed to reduce beard growth,any of you guys planning to give it a go? :roll:

Attachments

• 96ee4b0ff5dba64346dab2e223e2de00.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 577
Nope, now if they could come up with a cream that makes hair grow to a shave-worthy length in a couple of hours that would be different. Imagine this, your new razor arrives with a sample of beardy-grow cream so you can give it a whirl a couple of hours after it arrives!

Blimey, it's finally arrived! As a Shaving Shack customer I was asked to take part in deciding the scent of this shaving cream. A good year ago I was sent two samples of cream and asked to vote which scent I preferred. I actually liked the one that was apparently not used. It was a scent based on bay rum which I have been searching for ever since. :( Anyway, the other scent was nice but to me was rather too conventional, but I expect it was chosen by the majority of voters for that very reason. I can tell you that I really liked the cream. It was luxurious and each sample lasted quite a while because only a blob was needed to create a good lather. I hadn't a great deal of experience with creams at the time but it was this cream that made me veer away from a soap-only diet, so it must have been pretty good.

Now I had no idea at the time about all the science stuff. Perhaps 'declerine' was present in the samples I received, perhaps not, but of course the claims made are for long-term use and I didn't use the cream long enough to notice any reaction. It's price is rather high, but I think it's worth putting the beard-reducing claims to one side and giving it a try. I just wish they'd picked the other fragrance as I'd be buying a crate... :roll:

Jeltz said:
Nope, now if they could come up with a cream that makes hair grow to a shave-worthy length in a couple of hours that would be different. Imagine this, your new razor arrives with a sample of beardy-grow cream so you can give it a whirl a couple of hours after it arrives!

Yep, ironically hardcore shavers like the regulars here will no doubt be thinking, "but I wish my beard grew even faster. I could happily shave twice or even three times a day!!" It is obviously trying to appeal to chaps who still find shaving a bit of a chore. :D

It is obviously trying to appeal to chaps who still find shaving a bit of a chore. :D[/quote]

I agree with you,I have to say most mild razors fail to shave me as I have a tough curly beard,even in my case I can find something which works just fine,beside I now see shaving as a pleasure.If this is the way your body functions naturally,why interfere with it?

James_uk said:
I agree with you,I have to say most cutlasses fail to shave me as I have a tough curly beard, even in my case I can find some treasure, beside I now see swash-buckling as a pleasure. If this is the way your parrot functions naturally,why interfere with it?

Are you a pirate?? :shock:

From <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.centerchem.com/Capability.asp?CapabilityID=3516&Cat1ID=20&Cat2ID=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.centerchem.com/Capability.as ... &Cat2ID=90</a><!-- m --> - the home of Decelerine™

Decelerine™ is a mixture of active ingredients offering a complete post-shaving treatment. It targets its action in hair follicle cells and weakens new hair formation. Decelerine™ has been proven to inhibit hair growth and decrease the length and density of unwanted hair, thus reducing the frequency of shaving and depilation. It also provides a soothing, moisturizing and anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Decelerine™ may be used in any formulation for post-depilatory treatments such as emulsions, body milks or after shave lotions. Recommended concentration: 3%.

INCI Name: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Barbados Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Lauryl Isoquinolinium Bromide, Psuedoalteromonas (sic) Ferment Extract, Polyquaternium-37, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Allantoin, Glucose, Caprylyl Glycol.

I'd quite like Henk's input on that lot - the ones that are probably of interest are the ones in red.... frankly none of it's going near my face though :shock: I'm making the rash assumption that something there is acting as an oestrogen-mimic to depress the hairiness... there's enough of those in the environment already without buying them on purpose...

Pig Cat said:
James_uk said:
I agree with you,I have to say most cutlasses fail to shave me as I have a tough curly beard, even in my case I can find some treasure, beside I now see swash-buckling as a pleasure. If this is the way your parrot functions naturally,why interfere with it?

haha seriously mate,my beard is very similar to african americans and that's why I'm still trying to combat those ingrown hairs :cry:

James_uk said:
Pig Cat said:
James_uk said:

haha seriously mate,my beard is very similar to african americans and that's why I'm still trying to combat those ingrown hairs :cry:

Oooh, bad luck with the in-grown hairs. I used to suffer from them now and again. I can't be absolutely sure if it was changing from goo to soap/brush or from Mach 3 to DE but I think it was the latter that cured them. There's a lot of evidence to say that multi-blade razors can cause them. Hopefully you'll soon notice a difference once you get in to a good routine.

Oh, and are you definitely not a pirate?

I am seriously tempted to go for a tub of this crazy stuff, but my brain is saying "wait for Henk, wait for Henk..." :? Also, it may sound ridiculous but I'm really trying hard to use up my soaps and creams as I still have too many. I like the idea of minimalism but it's really difficult to resist buying stuff! I certainly spend way less than most of you chaps - the Acquisitions thread gets longer every week! SWMBO spends a small fortune on Dermalogica so would it be so wrong for me to splash out a little? Then again there's my coke habit and ongoing yacht restoration to consider. Hmmm... that's quite expensive too. :?

Back
Top Bottom