The Bluebeards Revenge

traditionalshaving said:
I was very interested when I first saw this as I think it's a very interesting development. Reduced beard growth could be beneficial to a lot of men who have stubborn beards. Many folks struggle to go across/against the grain when shaving due to beard resistance and others use blades that are sharper but leave redness. I would be interested to hear from someone who has used this for long enough to see if it actually works. Of course the problem is that, if it does work well, then you would be stuck with one type of shaving cream to use for ever!

I have been using it on and off for a few weeks. Can't say I've noticed any difference in beard growth but I'm not using it every day. Unusual claims aside, it is a really great cream, lovely scent and gorgeous creamy lather. I reckon that it's just not really aimed to appeal to us here at TSR otherwise there would have been more reactions and purchases. I expect your vendor alter-ego would look in to stocking it though.

I've got this cream and think its a good cream in use. I do think the new Coates has the edge. As to the beard reduction, it's too early to tell, Like many other members on TSR, I have trouble sticking to one cream all the time. I will report back as I'm trying to use it 4-5 days of the week.

ShavingShack said:
The chemical structures of Lauryl Isoquinolinium Bromide (LIB) and of the three oestrogens (oestriol, oestradiol and oestrone) are quite different so LIB is not acting as an oestrogen-mimic. The active which inhibits the hair growth does not irreversibly affect the hair growth cycle.

:shock:

For me, at least, this product is a no-no.

I like shaving. In fact, I look forward to it. If Shaving Shack could manufacture a cream that promotes facial hair growth, so that I could justifiably shave twice a day, I'd buy a pallet of the stuff.

Naked Ape said:
ShavingShack said:
The chemical structures of Lauryl Isoquinolinium Bromide (LIB) and of the three oestrogens (oestriol, oestradiol and oestrone) are quite different so LIB is not acting as an oestrogen-mimic. The active which inhibits the hair growth does not irreversibly affect the hair growth cycle.

:shock:

For me, at least, this product is a no-no.

I like shaving. In fact, I look forward to it. If Shaving Shack could manufacture a cream that promotes facial hair growth, so that I could justifiably shave twice a day, I'd buy a pallet of the stuff.

You'd end up looking like Cousin It.

images

ShavingShack said:
Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in joining this forum!

The Bluebeards Revenge is aimed at those with tough stubble but at the core of it is a very competent luxury shaving cream. We're hoping to convert the people who find it a chore into wet shavers who start to enjoy the whole experience, as the majority of us here now do.

The chemical structures of Lauryl Isoquinolinium Bromide (LIB) and of the three oestrogens (oestriol, oestradiol and oestrone) are quite different so LIB is not acting as an oestrogen-mimic. The active which inhibits the hair growth does not irreversibly affect the hair growth cycle. Decelerine acts in a way so that there is hair growth but it gets progressively slower whilst application of a product containing Decelerine is on the skin. If the user of a product containing Decelerine stops using it, the normal hair growth speed, particular to each individual, will progressively take place again with time. Not only that it has moisturising and skin soothing properties.

Dan
The Shaving Shack

I purchased one from the shavingshack and it's a cracking cream

Used this over the last 2 weeks and got to say its a great cream,smells lovely and lathers brilliantly thick and creamy..The smallest dollop produces loads as well so will last a long time..Wasnt too keen when i tried the pif from pigcat but that was more down to poor technique i think(shit lather)..i would deffo ignore the hair growth bollocks and just purchase for the fact that it is an awesome cream..ill deffo buy it again. ;)

slash said:
Wasnt too keen when i tried the pif from pigcat but that was more down to poor technique i think(shit lather)..

Actually it's because I don't like you, so I did a little wee wee in it before posting it off. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Rather than start a new thread, seemed better to revive this one...

Has anyone been using these products regularly for the last year and care to comment? I've got the Bluebeards Revenge pre-shave oil and I can't say it does what I thought it would.

As an aside, if decelerine is to work does it not need more exposure time to the hair to be more effective? If shaving creams are removed shortly after application, would the effect not be more noticable if it was the after-shave balm that was used?

My concern would be that only a few inches up is your hair line. I'm not really interested in causing that to stop growing. Does this product have a systemic effect on the hair located near by?

I used both shave cream and the aftershave. Really like the shave cream. Aftershave stings a bit, but the cream is superb. Personally I don't care about the decelerine, but you should check out mantic's blog. He used the cream and aftershave daily for about a month and wrote about it.

i bought a tub of the aftershave balm.. which i saw in a local kilt hire shop (i kid you not)

i like the smell, the balm contains aloe vera and witch hazel, and i find it incredibly soothing after a shave, its not greasy, and seems to moisturise well. Its therefore good value IMHO

the hair reduction thing, i'm less sure on, they claim it for the balm as well. I dont really care so much, as its a good product without that feature.

not so keen on their shaving hardware though, their scimitar razor looks identical in every single way to an old edwin jagger DE87, except that its twice the price. The brushes again are clearly rebadged and rather expensive for the quality on offer.

But I cant fault their consumables

Back
Top Bottom