The merkur futur

sunburyboy93 said:
Max, put a Bleue Extra in it, or a Supermax i use both blades and get fantastic shaves with the Futur everytime, i have never used a super thin so don't know how sharp they are .... :D

If you are interested, PM me your address and I will PIF you a pack.

FrenchBlade said:
Well, tonight I was feeling lucky.. poped the Gillette Super Thin into the Futur, and tried to adjust it.. thinking it was still "open" of some sort.. :?
Hello blade-gap! :shock: I could probably fit a whole sandwich through that blade gap! :shock: I decide a 1.5 setting will be "Ok"

Anyhows, glad to not have been drinking tonight, I decide to go for it.. Whip up some of Nanny's latest Lime concoction, flopping it on my face with my B1.

I put the blade to my face. (yes, in this case we can say that we're putting the blade, not the razor to your face)
Simple first pass (WTG) on the cheeks, all gone, I move to my chin and there disaster strikes, the foam turns red... :|

Other side, I feel a nick, same thing.. damn! I turn the hostilities down to 1.0, but still it's a blood mess :cry:

I re lather to hide the red foam, but it soon reappears, I'm not giving up, I go XTG, and decapitate a mole.. damn!

And for finals, I do the bottom of my chin ATG (it's the only part I do ATG usually), no nicks this time.. :roll:

I wash my face with cold water, use a styptic pen that was kindly pifed to me, and stop all bleeding.

Wait a few minutes, rewash my face, no more bleeding, styptic is magic! I decide to stick with Nivea ASB, no AS tonight...

Overall first impressions, lovely heavy razor, I felt very manly using it :D It might have been an idea to load it with something more forgiving than a Super Thin..
The thing is, the parts of my face that weren't bleeding, have never been so well shaved, real BBS! :p

I'll try this one again over the weekend, but I can see how you could get away with a single pass shave with this razor once you've tamed the beast!

FB.

reading what you have said about cutting your self, The cause its all you :p
I hold mine in the narrow bit in the middle and the blade is only just lightly touching the skin so you can only just feel it. A very light touch is the way to go because the razors aggession and the blade will do the work for you.
so think gently gently when using it.

Grr been waiting a week for mine to come in the post. I know its been snowing but other stuff has arrived a day after posting. I need a shave!!! :D

The Futur seems to find it's own angle, just hold it very lightly with absolutely no pressure and it's weight and shape does the rest. Also the sound lets you know when you are shaving or not.

I had a go setting it at 6 this morning and I made short work of a two day growth. I would recommend giving it a go at this setting, as it certainly focuses the mind on the job at hand. Probably not at 6 for everyday shaving, but I would do it again on a heavy growth.

It's probably been said before (probably by me :oops: ), but for all you adrenaline junkies out there: by unscrewing the head past 6, you can keep on going up to about an aggression setting of the equivalent of 18 and beyond. Two and a half is my default setting though. :lol:

I found with the Futur that if I have more days on the beard then normal I open it up to 6 for the north south pass then dial down to 2.5 for the rest ot the shave and that gives me very smooth shaves. it's an good razor and I will have a life time of fantastic shaves from it evern when the multi blade have gone into double figures on the number of blades in them :lol:

Back
Top Bottom