The Mongoose

First thought was one of relief, to be honest, that it wasn't another injector-style razor. I've yet to try a Cobra, but I have had some time with a variety of Feather long blades and I liked them - very efficient.

Sorry to make another contrary opinion, but I think the handle lets it down. It looks a bit ... well ... Parker-ish. I'm an ugly brutalism and concrete fancier, though - a slab of metal on top should have a simple pole below.

Damn good fun, though ...

Cheaper than a Cobra but in my view the Cobra has the better looking head. What I'd like is the King Cobra head with a proper thread, so I can pop my own handles on. Surely not too much to ask?

Re: RE: The Mongoose

Geofnay said:
Cheaper than a Cobra but in my view the Cobra has the better looking head. What I'd like is the King Cobra head with a proper thread, so I can pop my own heads on. Surely not too much to ask?

I agree. I think the Cobra head looks much better.

A few on TSN have UFO handles for their King Cobras so it is possible to pair it with another handle.

Personally, I'm happy with the King Cobra handle as it is.

pjgh said:
Hmmm ... I'm going to seek out that deal.

It is the Feather Artist Club blades that fit into this razor, right?

Yes, that's right.

It depends how much they want for the handle. If it's £30 I'd probably get one. Any more and I'll just have the head.

I meant 'own handles' of course - corrected now. Anyways, my point is that I'd like to be able to purchase the Cobra head alone and save a few pennies - preferably a good few. Faint hope but maybe the competition will be a nudge.

SamuraiJack said:
Here is the email:

mongooseorders@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing the email address. I contacted them and was able to get on the Batch 2 waiting list. They said they will contact us in a few weeks with pricing etc.

Back
Top Bottom