The Ryder Cup

Fido said:
Great weather for it.

There's a Ryder Cup party at my house on Sunday afternoon.

We might even watch the golf.

Must rush. They are supposed to tee off soon.

Is that an open invitation?

I wish I hadn't cancelled my Sky TV package now.

As I have a good excuse (still confined indoors following my back surgery), I'm watching it now. I feel sorry for the guys playing at the moment, as conditions are absolutely foul. But the crowd are fantastic -Cap'n Monty was interviewed just now and remarked how people are managing to clap while holding umbrellas.

it should clear up this afternoon.

Regards

Ian

I like watching golf. I'd like to have a proper go at playing it someday, but not sure how my vunerable hurty bits (back, knee) would cope.

Anyway, I don't have Sky, I will not see The Ryder Cup, but a large percentage of my Golf watching pleasure is listening to the commentary of Peter Alliss, and as far as I am aware, he's not taken the Aussie dollar from Murdoch yet.

Ian

Vinny

There have been some amazing finishes in recent years. So the racket coming from my house on the final day of the cup with a crowd round here matches anything a soccer mob can manage.

As to the weather - it's fantastic to see how well the pros cope with it. I'm back to the clubhouse once the rain gets heavy.

If anyone is thinking of taking up golf - it's a cruel game. Tiny errors have disproportionate consequences! So temperament is tested to the full.

Today reminds me of the third day of The Open at Lytham in 1979 which I was at. Play was abandoned. Two hours later I walked the course as the rain poured down. I came across an elderly couple huddled under brollies half way down a fairway on a remote part of the course. "Pity they had to stop play" I said. Surprised, they said "we wondered why nobody has passed by for a while" Poor devils might still have been there if I hadn't gone walkabout.

Like then, I expect things will finish on Monday.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tixdaq.com/ryder-cup-day-1-tickets/celtic-manor-resort-newport/01-october-2010/E-43388/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tixdaq.com/ryder-cup-day-1-t ... 0/E-43388/</a><!-- m -->

At last. I can now watch a bit.

Betting was out of the question before kick-off 1.3 or something for Europe to win. We're nearly down to evens now.

8/1 on the draw might be the value bet.

I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole though.

Back
Top Bottom