The TSR Random Shaving Chat

Does anyone write things down anymore? With the evolution of smartphone technology it seems "uncool" to have a pen and paper now. I'm sick of repeating information I told people several times such as times and dates cos they "can't remember". There's a google calendar function isn't there or some sort of calendar thing on phones, it seems to be getting worse!

Does anyone write things down anymore? With the evolution of smartphone technology it seems "uncool" to have a pen and paper now. I'm sick of repeating information I told people several times such as times and dates cos they "can't remember". There's a google calendar function isn't there or some sort of calendar thing on phones, it seems to be getting worse!

Well, at least one older member of TSR still depends on my diary to keep me mindful of my various dental, medical and optical appointments. Indeed, I may well prove to be one of the last people to be found wandering around with a fountain pen in my pocket.

JohnnyO. o/

I must be the only "young-un" to still use a paper diary and pen to write in appointments and stuff like that. People make fun of me but I'm the one laughing at them when they've forgotten an important deadline or date!

I have diaries going back umpteen years. All one has to do is remember to turn the page once a week and look in it daily. Simples! And post-its and a spiral bound jotter. If only I could read my hand-writing ... well, squiggling.

When I was a lad, the newsagent I worked for used to circle the date in a calendar to remind him of things. He knew what every one of a dozen or more circles meant, weeks after he put them there - and knew when we'd added any extras.

It is bin night tonight! Must remember to put out last week's bags, too. Aha! We've had a Bank Holiday - I would have been right last week if the holiday had been a week earlier. I'll shut up now.

Always have paper and pen at my reach, work home car, dont like to tipe in phone.

Always on paper.
But I do use the reminder function on the phone as it gives an audible alarm. Useful.
Paper is more flexible than a program that someone else has thought up.
You cant circle round things, number them, draw arrows. Reprioritise.
You can't get an overall view of your days on a screen as you can on a piece of a4.
I print out a week to a page of A4 for a calendar and use an a4 pad during the day.
ALSO,
boy I am glad that I do. I have just managed to crack my screen on my phone.
It is touchscreen. That makes it an extremely clever paperweight.

My finger tips are too big for typing on a touch-screen keyboard and even with a stylo it's a painfully slow process. Is there a business opportunity selling teenagers' thumbs?

Back
Top Bottom