The TSR Random Shaving Chat

Weren't they called 'Liquorice Imps' or were they different things?
Probably not different, they were in a really small tin and were black and looked like small off-cuts. They had a sort of hot-liqourice taste that made your tongue green and breath stink. Were a favourite of my grand dad who used to pass them to me with a conspiratorial wink when my mother wasn't watching.

Probably not different, they were in a really small tin and were black and looked like small off-cuts. They had a sort of hot-liqourice taste that made your tongue green and breath stink. Were a favourite of my grand dad who used to pass them to me with a conspiratorial wink when my mother wasn't watching.
Yeah! That's them. The name was probably subject to regional differences.

I'd not heard of it before - thought you were maybe yanking our collective chain, but not so!
Ahh! I read your email as 'Is that not bleedin obvious?' and wondered why it wasn't ever mentioned!

I must not suspect sarcasm where none is intended.
I must not suspect sarcasm where none is intended.
I must not suspect sarcasm........
Repeat 100 times!
:rolleyes:

Name, address, details of an individual in the Electoral Register. The ER records everybody - who has bothered to register - entitled to vote. There are two versions - one with everybody and one with everybody except those who have stated that they wish to be left off the one used by anybody and companies looking for personal details.

Ah, so those polling card things you get through the door means you're on the list? Its just that I'm applying for a residents parking permit application and they need 2 forms of proof of residence. One is the Electoral Register Entry but wasn't fully sure what it was.

"... those polling card things you get through the door' might be a request to register or to re-register or, if it arrives a little before Polling Day, it could be your Polling Card. I've not seen either in a few years as I do it all on-line.

Councils don't seem to have cottoned on to the fact that 'proof of residence' is getting hard to come by as more and more people do everything on-line.

Hmm, this application thing is so ridiculously complicated you don't know what's what! Does a bank statement count as a 'utility' bill? Unfortunately this application is all paper!

Yeah - a bank statement is fine if you don't mind them seeing it. All items must be dated within the last three months. The truly annoying part is that they have both the Electoral Register and your Council Tax details in their computer database. But those are different departments!

Back
Top Bottom