TOBS Scents

I was thinking about TOBs too and have only the Sandalwood. The avocado had caught my eye but interesting info about the top 4 or so choices in the list on the previous page.

I would probably opt for the tub rather than tube but some say they can smell different which is a little surprising.

How are you getting on with the Sandalwood, Neil?

Avocado and Almond are the best smelling TOBS I've tried.

I've got between half and a quarter of a tub of Lemon and Lime left and I'm not too keen on the smell tbh - do you want me to send it over to you to try out?

Hi Andy

Sandalwood is probably not my cuppa tea fragrance-wise but lathers very easily and plenty of for 3-4 passes so TOBS has impressed. Not sure about the L&L either; nice as a drink but not on my face ;) and we get lots of wasps in the countryside where I live so don't want to attract them any more but thanks for the offer. Same applies to the citrus-based 'Eton' too hence my leaning towards the St Jermyn now but Avocado too.

The Proraso is quite cheaply priced but wondered what that was like too?

I've not tried Proraso yet.

I've got a sample pot sitting here but haven't got round to using it.

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and let you know. :)

I have never tried the Eton College cream, what does it smell like?.I dont like the sandlewood smell.I now also find tobs to be weak smelling compared to Geo F trumpers creams.
I have now brought some geo f trumpers lime shaving cream but I'm waiting for my pinuard's bay rum aftershave to arrive.I think both might accompany each other.

I'm seriously tempted by some Eton College Cream. I have TOBS Sandalwood which lathers up wonderfully, but my wife is not a fan of the smell.

I also have Jermyn Street, which I use most days as it lathers easily, although my tub of that is now nearly empty.

I like Lime, I am a fan of T+H West Indian Limes, but not for everyday, so think the Eton College should suit me well if it is a bit citrussy.

The only one I have tried is the shaving shop one, it's great to shave with but the smell is a bit bland, I kind of like it though.

I rather like that Bluebeards cream, used it for a couple of months now & I'd deffo buy more when it runs out.

I have 3, Jermyn St Sensitive great fresh fragrance, Almond...I want to eat you:D , Sandalwood not my cup of tea.

One thing in common, this is a lather monster!

I shall be popping along to TOBS in Jermyn Street on Wednesday as I have a meeting nearby. I need some more Jermyn Street anyway, but will see about some others as well.
Eton College is definitely on the shortlist, but hopefully they will have some testers in store so I can see what they smell like before I purchase.

I have been following this thread with interest because I wanted to try some TOBS but I didn't know which scent to choose. Following the advice on here I took the plunge and ordered a tub of Jermyn Street, Eton College, and St James Street. I cannot wait to try them all out.

Back
Top Bottom