TOBS Scents

I think the Jermyn Street is growing on me. Used it recently and it does smell nice, just wish it was a bit stronger! I'm about halfway through a tub now and I'm seriously considering ordering another one when it's done.

dantheman said:
I think the Jermyn Street is growing on me. Used it recently and it does smell nice, just wish it was a bit stronger! I'm about halfway through a tub now and I'm seriously considering ordering another one when it's done.

If you like the stronger scent and you haven't tried it already, then try the TOBS Almond, really pungent IMO shaves well too.

My tub of TOBS St James arrived yesterday and I have used it for the first time this morning. In terms of quality, this a top notch performer, however this thread is all about the scent so here goes; My first impressions were very good, a fresh aquatic scent. The smell is quite sweet but with a hint of something a bit deeper behind it which unfortunately never quite breaks through. Without being too harsh, it is not an expensive smelling cream, but neither does it smell cheap. Overall I am really happy with this cream and I am looking forward to trying my Jeremyn and Eton when they arrive in the post.

For those interested in a similarly scented aftershave this cream has almost exactly the same scent as Superdrug's Sierran Breeze aftershave, I think it cost me about £2.00 a bottle.

I've tried sandalwood, almond and lemon & lime.

I actually quite liked the sandalwood. Almond was a hit with the fiancee - she loves macaroons and the like, so I think the patisserie smell was a winner with her. Lemon and lime, to me, seemed to smell a little artificial.

Ok, when I started the Jermyn St. was the first cream I used. I wished the scent was stronger, and I still do, but ooooo I really do like it now!! I can't compare it to many creams since I've only used another one, but it lathers beautifully when I get it right (very hard water I think).

Bit worried I've gone through it a bit quick though! But I am definitely a fan of the scent.

Bumpkin said:
I've tried sandalwood, almond and lemon & lime.

I actually quite liked the sandalwood. Almond was a hit with the fiancee - she loves macaroons and the like, so I think the patisserie smell was a winner with her. Lemon and lime, to me, seemed to smell a little artificial.

Some say that the Lemon & Lime reminds them of toilet cleaner, although I'm afraid I like it. But the Rose is my favourite.

Finally stocked up on some TOBS scents and creams, got them yesterday.

I've been using Jermyn Street Cream for a while, so got another tub of that plus the After Shave to go with it.

I also bought a tube of Shaving Cream of My Taylor, St James, and Eton College plus the accompanying After Shaves.

First Impressions, before shaving with any of them.

Love the smell of the Jermyn Street AfterShave, it goes with the cream fantastically well, and I'm looking forward to this. It's a nice subtle fresh smelling fragrance, not too overpowering.

Mr Taylors, this is definitely the wifes favourite, and I like it too. It's another nice fresh fragrance which I like, hard to describe, but just a nice fragrance all round. The Shaving Cream and AfterShave seem to match perfectly.

Eton College, I smelt the shaving cream first and was very disappointed, I was looking forward to this one. The cream smelt a bit musty/woody, and a bit old fashioned to me. The AfterShave was completely different though, lots if zestiness and freshness. I'll be interested to see how these 2 work together.

St James, this is my favourite of the new bunch, whether it's better than Jermyn Street I'm not too sure. Another fresh fragrance with a nice balance of warmth. The cream and Aftershave seem very closely matched. The AFterShave is blue as well so it must be good ;)

Back
Top Bottom