Top five 2016 TV shows

People are loving and raving about the new HBO murder mystery "The Night Of".
I'm about 25 mins into the first episode and either I'm really dumb or maybe I was in the wrong mood watching it but I found it to be extremely uninteresting. I'll try to give it another 15-20mins but then I might be out...or in I guess.
Anyone seen the first episode and love or hate it?

the-night-of-header.jpg

As you did, I found the beginning of the 1rst episode very slow and very boring, so that I ended up watching it "with fast forward", until the arrival of John Turturo almost at the very end. I'll watch the second episode before giving up.

As you did, I found the beginning of the 1rst episode very slow and very boring, so that I ended up watching it "with fast forward", until the arrival of John Turturo almost at the very end. I'll watch the second episode before giving up.

I do like Turturro so I might have to do the same thing. Thanks.

Whereas the S3 finale was, for me anyway, the best of all the season finales.

It was the last finale where the Sons looked like they were winning something; it was all downhill from there on in ......

I've been binge watching the first season of Stranger Things, definitely in my Top 5 series of 2016. A show for the middle age men/women who have the nostalgia of the eighties: a Spielbergesque screenplay, a spoonful of John Carpenter, some keyboard music, some kids riding BMX's, some bad G-men, a bit of Dungeon & Dragons...

I've been binge watching the first season of Stranger Things, definitely in my Top 5 series of 2016. A show for the middle age men/women who have the nostalgia of the eighties: a Spielbergesque screenplay, a spoonful of John Carpenter, some keyboard music, some kids riding BMX's, some bad G-men, a bit of Dungeon & Dragons...

I've done the same. Best show so far this year by a long shot.
Just to demonstrate how good the show is. I was in a car accident three weeks ago and although I was OK I haven't been able to concentrate on anything since. I was looking for something to take my mind off 'the day to day' stuff and this TV show did the trick. I just loved it.
The score is great and features some great tracks from 80's.
Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom